Chapter 13

The group and I just got off the FaceTime with Lavender a few hours ago I just finished dinner service , man I'm so relieved to have been able to speak with her

     The group and I just got off the FaceTime with Lavender a few hours ago I just finished dinner service , man I'm so relieved to have been able to speak with her . We've all been a ball of nerves since last Monday , wondering how lavender was surviving without us taking care of her .

     When I learned she was married , Man I'll admit I was fuming. We saved her from one forced marriage to only have her end up in another. Then we got to see the way bullet looks at her and we all knew, he was in love with her. He handled mama bear Inez's intense interrogation very well , hell I even like the guy .

        My lavender girl was beaming with happiness, freedom looks good on her . I still remember the first time I ever met her , she was two years old and it was my first day here at the estate . You see I grew up in foster care in Beerwah , Australia.

        I never knew my parents, apparently they were drug addicts nor did I have any siblings. I lived in over twenty five different homes in my sixteen years of foster care. Each one was more horrible than the last , this went on until my eighteenth birthday when I was kicked out for aging out , apparently the checks stop coming after the kid turns eighteen.

         I spent most of the next two years of my life homeless, well until I met a man one night . I was living in the alley way behind his restaurant when he saw me and dragged me inside one night late after closing time . He sat me down and made me a meal as he asked me my life story .

       After learning what I'd been through he hired me to wash dishes and told me he teach me everything he knew about cooking so I had a career to actually make enough money to support myself . In the three years I spent working and learning from him my love for food and cooking grew .

       Cooking gave me freedom , I was able to get a studio apartment and eventually a car . I paid my bills on time and I actually started living . I made the move to France to learn from a friend of my former boss , and this pattern continued each chef I learned from had a friend in a different country with tons of experience to teach me .

       Eventually my biological demons caught up to me , along with the stress of running my own restaurant in New York City . I started drinking and doing cocaine , my restaurant started failing and it felt like the world was crashing down on me. I didn't know how to handle it so I started drinking more and more.

         My restaurant was shut down , I was up to my ears in debt . So I got sober , got my shit together and I took a job at the Quinn estates . I'm not sure I can even say I regret it , working for Allister Quinn is a nightmare but I've meet my family here . Timothy, august , Jose , Inez and lavender became my family . I would do just about anything to help them .

      I'm not a perfect man , I have my demons and I worked hard to keep them at bay. One day I hope to have a child , not a wife or a girlfriend but a child . I'm not asexual but I just have no interest in a romantic relationship, sure I like the physical benefits of one but I can get that without a relationship.