chapter 21 - the wedding

Ning Wan and Shen Shuyun’s wedding was scheduled for July, on a beautiful sunny day.

They didn’t invite many guests, just the elders of the two families and a few close friends, so they had three tables in total.

The wedding was held in an old restaurant in W city, and guests were only allowed to enter with an invitation, plus no information about the wedding was written outside the restaurant, making it a very low-key ceremony.

Before the wedding, Ning Wan had already confessed his family background to Shen Shuyun and brought him to the company he managed in W City.

Shen Shuyun was tense at first, not letting himself get too out of sorts in front of Ning Wan. It wasn’t until Ning Wan smiled at him and said that even the tropical island he liked so much also belonged to the Ning family that Shen Shuyun finally let out the shocked cry he had been holding down in his throat.

“You said before that you were drove your boss’ car, I see that Porsche is also your own!”

Shen Shuyun punched Ning Wan and said: “Very well kid! So you’ve been playing with me all along!”

Ning Wan rubbed his shoulders and hurriedly moved over to make amends:
“I was wrong, don’t be angry with me over this …… think about it from a different perspective, don’t you feel like you’ve been hit by a super jackpot lottery ticket?”

Shen Shuyun didn’t hold back his laughter, and teased him a bit, “You’re quite good at flattering yourself?”
Ning Wan also laughed along with him, “You will be overcoming thirty years of struggle.”

Before the wedding, Ning Wan repeatedly told Luo Xiao that even if Qi Zhihan came, he had to accompany him through the general process of the wedding.

He was not allowed to leave him and Shen Shuyun there alone, making people laugh at hem.

Although Luo Xiao didn’t run away – but his eyes were fixed on Qi Zhihan, so hot that they seemed to burn two holes in him. He also didn’t even look at where he was going, almost tripping over a large flower basket.

Qi Zhihan never looked at Luo Xiao, he kept his eyes on the newcomer, but he couldn’t hide a bit of envy under his eyes.

Looking at Luo Xiao’s eager look, Ning Wan laughed and waved his hand behind him, indicating that Luo Xiao could leave first.

The master of ceremony took the newlyweds through the process, and like every newlywed couple, they exchanged rings and made vows to each other.

At the end, the MC turned the microphone to the parents of the two families as usual.

He first asked Ning’s father, “Do you have anything you would like to say to the two newlyweds?”

Ning’s father sat in silence, his face not quite as good as it could have been on this happy day. He stared at the microphone handed to him by the emcee for a long time before taking it over, standing up stiffly and spitting out two harsh words:
“Not really.”

These two words made everyone present feel an unspeakable awkwardness, and almost everyone understood why Ning’s father had this attitude – it was because he felt from the bottom of his heart that Shen Shuyun was not good enough for his own son.

All of Ning Wan’s friends around him were also second generation young masters who were either rich or from a noble family.

When they saw that Ning Wan had to marry this high school language teacher, a so ordinary omega, they all felt that Ning Wan had been smitten and were very puzzled.

At this moment, Ning father’s attitude was so cold that it made his friends feel worried about Ning Wan’s predicament.

Before Ning’s father could sit back down, Shen’s father stood up. He was a former soldier, standing at a height of one meter nine, and standing next to Ning’s father, he managed to overpower him by half a head.