chapter 31 - Awakening from Dream

The lush trees outside the car window were receding quickly in dim light.

  Tang Yichuan looked out the window and said calmly: "Mr. Ning, if you really have something to do, let's forget about this meal. You park in front and I will take a taxi back."

  In fact, he wasn't that interested in the Hunan restaurant. He was just invited by Ning Wan a few times. He was really embarrassed to turn down the invitation from his immediate boss, so he had to agree to have dinner together after settling the last contract issue today.

  "It's okay," Ning Wan exhaled, tugged on his collar irritably, and unbuttoned two buttons, "It's my husband... I've already made an agreement with him not to go back to eat tonight."

  At that time, Ning Wan always thought that he and Shen Shuyun still had many dumplings to eat together - they could squeeze in the kitchen to make them together during the winter solstice. Shen Shuyun would definitely laugh at him for being stupid again. The dumplings were made like dynamite bags and the ones that were boiled to pieces in the end. Several must have passed through his hands; and during the New Year, they can listen to the fireworks outside the window and see who can eat the only coin and get good luck for the coming year, just like every year in the past.

  Ning Wan suddenly remembered that on New Year's Eve for the past three years, he had eaten the dumplings with coins every year. What a coincidence.

  Tang Yichuan sat in the passenger seat, lowered his head and rummaged through the shopping bag, took out a can of coffee and put it in the car. He smiled and said: "Thank you, Mr. Ning. I am used to drinking this kind of coffee in the United States. I really can’t get used to other drinks... The pressure in our industry is too great, and I always stay up late drinking coffee. In the end, only this brand has a refreshing effect on me, and other drinks are not effective. I I’m not very familiar with W City, and I’m too lazy to go out alone, so I haven’t found a place where I can buy this kind of coffee. I’m really sorry for bothering you, but you took the time to take me to find it.”

  Ning Wan shook his head: "It's nothing."

  "This brand of coffee also has a softer aromatic type. It tastes very good and is very fragrant. I just took a can of it and wanted you to take it back to give your lover a taste."

  Ning Wan was startled and looked at Tang Yichuan. His usually arrogant and cold face softened inexplicably at this moment, as if he was naturally showing kindness to the unknown omega. Ning Wan reached out to take it and put it in the car: "Thank you, he should like it. You have been working hard these days with the lawsuit. You have just started working and you always have to work overtime. My boss is really too harsh. .”

  "Oh, why are you so serious? Didn't you say you want to be friends in private?" Tang Yichuan unbuckled his seatbelt and said, "You're the one who worked hard. Don't you seldom go home these days, so you just sleep in the office?"

Ning Wan grabbed the can of coffee, his face darkened little by little, and he pursed his lips, not knowing what to say.

  In fact, the company's capital turnover did have a small problem these days, but it didn't require him to stay up all night in the company to solve it. Ning Wan just didn't dare to go home and didn't know how to face Shen Shuyun. There seemed to be a steelyard in his heart. Shen Shuyun and Tang Yichuan each occupied one side. He did not dare to touch either of them easily for fear of losing the person on the other side forever.

  Ning Wan used the excuse of being friends to ask Tang Yichuan to go out for dinner and occasionally have a drink, but that was all. He did not go further, let alone talk to Tang Yichuan about the past. Since Tang Yichuan learned that Mr. Ning was married from other colleagues, he became more distant from him and kept a distance from him. Ning Wan knew that he was holding on to both sides now, and he really had no one to blame. Before he thought clearly, he could only be a coward and escape from reality.