chapter 58 - Growth

Ning Wan looked at the spring report and coughed twice. His secretary saw his appearance and couldn't help but persuade him: "Mr. Ning, do you need to postpone the afternoon meeting..."

  "No, cough, cough," Ning Wan waved his hand, "It's just a minor cold. That meeting was for real estate developers from Singapore to discuss cooperation. They flew all the way here, so don't keep them waiting."

  The secretary nodded, roughly told him about the arrangements for the next few days, and then left the office with the report that Ning Wan had read.

  When Ning Wan saw him going out, he took out a box of medicine from the drawer, took out two pills, and swallowed them with water. As soon as he took the medicine, the red landline phone in the office rang. Ning Wan heard the red landline ringing, and a gentle smile appeared on his face involuntarily. He raised his hand to pick it up, and heard a childish voice coming from inside: "Abba, when are you going home! I miss you!"

  The red landline was installed in his office later, and it only connected to one internal line, which was the landline at home. In other words, only a young ancestor could dial this phone.

  Ning Wan suppressed the itching cough in his throat, and the smile on his lips deepened: "Xiaodu, dad is busy...wait..."

  He originally wanted to say that he would go back tonight after the meeting, but suddenly he thought that he had caught a cold. Shen Du would definitely want him to hug him again when he returned. He was afraid that the illness would spread to Shen Du, so he changed his mind and said, "When we are done with the work these days, I’ll go back.”

  Shen Du didn't follow Ning Wan's example: "How long will it last?"

  Ning Wan choked and covered his forehead helplessly, thinking about how to answer this question.

  Two years ago, Mr. Ning began to gradually delegate power, handing over Ning's most important companies to him bit by bit. As the saying goes, the greater the responsibility, the heavier the burden on the shoulders. Ning Wan was also tied up by a contract here, but he endured it. Under such high pressure, he slowly grew up and learned how to do things. A calm leader slowly kicked out those old shareholders who were dissatisfied with him and wanted to cause harm, and held the power in his hands.

  He has indeed put in a lot of time and effort for this, but this does not mean that he has to spend time with his children - President Ning, who has just turned 30, has an unwritten rule, that is, he has Saturday off, no matter who comes He was nowhere to be seen.

  He left the whole day of Saturday to Shen Du. No matter where he is, Ning Wan will definitely go home to spend time with his child on Saturday.

  "This Saturday, my father will go home on Saturday."

  "Can dad come back early? Come back on Friday, okay?"

  Ning Wan chuckled, the little brat even told him the terms! But as long as he thinks of Shen Du, he can't help but think of Shen Shuyun, so no matter how many "no"s he says, they become "yes": "Okay, then Friday."

  "Abba, you are the best!"

  Ning Wan looked at the calendar. Today was Wednesday. He still had two days to recover from his illness. He thought for a while, took out two more pills from the drawer, and swallowed them.

  On Friday, Ning Wan took Shen Du to Luo Xiao's house for dinner. For some reason, Shen Du liked Luo Miaomiao very much. He often stayed with Luo Miaomiao. Whenever he had free time, he would ask Ning Wan to take him to Luo Xiao's house. Ning Wan was so disturbed by him that he had no choice but to take Shen Du with him again. Knocked on the Luo family's door on Friday.