chapter 22 - talking nonsense

The new home was very nice, not only was it spacious, but the decoration and design were all very pretty, so it was very comfortable to live in.
In a flash, it has been half a year since Shen Shuyun moved to this villa, and it was already the end of the year.
A lot of things happened in these last six months, for example, just last month, Qi Zhihan had given birth to a daughter, and it was said that the fetus was not in the right position and he suffered a lot.

Ning Wan and Shen Shuyun rushed to the hospital to be with Luo Xiao.
The tall man of about two meters was crying uncontrollably on the hospital corridor.
He had later changed into a sterile suit and went in to be with his lover. Through the door of the operating room, they could hear Qi Zhihan’s voice cursing him in pain, which was really ludicrous.

In the end, both the baby and his father were safe and sound, and Luo Xiao named his daughter Miao Miao.
The sky was grey and drizzly with snow; Shen Shuyun was napping on a lounger in front of the large floor-to-ceiling balcony.

A thin brown blanket covered his lap and a book of essays was upside down on the blanket, rising and falling slightly with his breathing.
It was Saturday, so he didn’t have to go to work; he stewed a pot of pork chop soup at home, waiting for Ning Wan to return.

The aroma of the soup escaped from under the lid, bringing out a sliver of hot steam that gurgled softly, baking the room with warmth. Shen Shuyun closed his eyes and had a rare good dream.
The dream did not last long, though, as he was awakened by the sound of a smashing lock.

Shen Shuyun rubbed his eyes and was just about to get up when a dull pain came from his abdomen.
He grunted softly and rubbed the side of his abdomen, thinking that he might have caught a cold sleeping in the hall.

He moved towards the door somewhat warily, secretly wondering if it could be a thief, but he quickly dismissed the thought – what kind of thief would be so stupid as to make so much noise, was he afraid that people wouldn’t notice?
“Brother Yun, open the door,” Ning Wan’s somewhat muffled voice came from outside the door, accompanied by a thumping sound, “It’s me ……”
Shen Shuyun recognized it was Ning Wan’s voice and hurriedly opened the door. When he saw Ning Wan’s appearance clearly through the dim sky, he was frozen again.
Ning Wan was not a sloppy person, whether at home or outside, he always tidied up well.

However, his current appearance was unusually wretched, and Shen Shuyun had never seen such a Ning Wan – his shoulders were covered with a thin layer of snow, his woolen coat was wet at the shoulders and arms from the melting snow, with starry spots of mud splattered on the hem of his coat and black tube trousers, and his leather shoes, which could no longer be seen, were even more disastrous, they were almost all wrapped in yellow mud,.

The original color of the fabric of his right trouser leg was somewhat…… shattered beyond recognition, looking as if it had been torn almost as if it had been hooked and tugged hard by some plant, and both his legs were covered in dust at his knees from where he must have fallen.

His face was pale, looking even paler against his black coat, with two piles of red floating on his face and his hair tangled on his forehead.

The moment Ning Wan opened his mouth, the strong smell of alcohol was directed at Shen Shuyun’s face, causing a wave of vomiting to rush up in Shen Shuyun’s chest: “Brother Yun ……”

Shen Shuyun hurriedly stepped forward and followed his wobbly body to prevent Ning Wan from falling again.

As he held Ning Wan, the smell of alcohol got a little heavier, and he couldn’t help but frown and ask, “Ah Wan, where have you been? …… Was someone bullying you?”

Ning Wan struggled to raise his head in Shen Shuyun’s embrace; a pair of moist red eyes stared at Shen Shuyun; Ning Wan’s eyes were indescribably sad and aggrieved.