chapter 24 - an apology

A blinding white hurt Shen Shuyun’s eyes as the smell of disinfectant solution surrounded his nose.
Shen Shuyun closed his eyes gain while the hospital’s cold light shone on the snow-white walls shaking his eyes raw.

“Brother Yun.”

Someone called him softly like this.
Shen Shuyun lifted his eyelids and tilted his head to look at the person sitting next to his bed.

Ning Wan’s brow and eyes couldn’t hide his tiredness, they only spent a short day without seeing each other, but he became so haggard even to the naked eye.

Shen Shuyun’s hand slowly moved to his flat belly, he staggered his eyes, staring straight at the ceiling, his voice was as soft as feather brushing water: “…… here, was there ever a child?”

Ning Wan held back a choked sob and said in a dumb voice: “Don’t think so much, you should get well first.”
He remembered that when he received the phone call from the hospital, he stayed still for a long time; a chill against his bones drilled up and seeped straight into his chest.

He thought, “What is this person saying? I don’t understand !”
Is he lying to him? Is today April Fool’s Day?

Hurrying to the hospital, Ning Wan ran to the doctor in a white coat who shook his head and told him with a frown:

“Mr. Shen was eleven weeks pregnant, but I regret to tell you that his pregnancy has stopped ……”

“Why?” Ning Wan grabbed the doctor’s arm like it was the last straw, “Why is that?”

The doctor looked at the checklist, pushed down his glasses, and asked:
“Mr. Shen’s physique is special, his long-term use of type 3 inhibitors has caused his body’s hormone and pheromone secretion to be disordered, and he has not fully recovered for the time being, which means that his current physique is not suitable for pregnancy. May I ask if you had any contraception last time?”

“Yes, he took the emergency contraceptive pills.”

Two months ago, Shen Shuyun had called him, begging him to come home with a sobbing voice.

Generally speaking, omega’s estrus usually happens once every three months.

However one of the after-effects of type 3 inhibitors is that it disturbed Shen Shuyun’s pheromones, causing instability in his estrus, so his heat did not come every three months like it should.

After he had an estrus in June, Shen Shuyun did not have any abnormalities throughout September, but one weekend in early October, his estrus period arrived suddenly.

Ning Wan was out of town on business trip, listening to Shen Shuyun’s request, he immediately bought the earliest flight back, and even so, it still took nearly three hours to get home.

As soon as he opened the door, an extremely fragrant jasmine scent floated in the air, and then a soft person pounced in his arms.

Shen Shuyun was only wearing a wide shirt that barely covered his buttocks; the root of his leg was visible showing that little mole that was usually hidden under his shirt…… He opened his wet eyes and tightly wrapped his arms around Ning Wan’s neck, the clear invitation was overwhelming.

Ning Wan couldn’t resist at that moment and pressed Shen Shuyun against the wall for a kiss. They exchanged long, wet kisses as they walked, and Shen Shuyun didn’t even want him to look for lubricants and condoms, his long, snow-white legs wrapped around Ning Wan making it impossible for him to take a single step.

This carnival has been mad and chaotic, the two people have receded to their primitive state, especially Shen Shuyun, he was extremely frivolous, he even agreed to try any posture suggested by Ning Wan.