chapter 33 - drunk

Shen Shuyun was sitting in the kitchen, picking beans with Aunt Wu. He had nothing to do anyway, so he came here to chat with Aunt Wu to pass the time.

  "Mr. Shen, why have you suddenly lost weight recently? Are you feeling unwell?"

  Ever since Shen Shuyun and Ning Wan got married, Aunt Wu had been working in this villa, and she gradually became a late bloomer with Shen Shuyun. She was in her fifties, kind-faced, nimble with hands and feet, and had excellent cooking skills. Shen Shuyun regarded her as his aunt , so he would chat with her when he has nothing to do, and the relationship is pretty good.

  "Is there any?" Shen Shuyun pinched lightly, broke the sharp corners of the beans, and threw them into the basin. "Maybe I haven't eaten enough. I haven't had much appetite recently."

  "Then let's make a sweet and sour cucumber cold dish today. This is appetizing."

  Shen Shuyun was startled, and then said softly: "It's okay, but you don't need to do too much."

  Aunt Wu turned her head to look at Shen Shuyun and asked, "Won't Mr. Ning come back to eat?"

  "He..." Shen Shuyun's heart tightened, and his lips gradually turned pale, "He probably won't come back."

  Aunt Wu didn't hear the deep meaning of Shen Shuyun's words. She just lowered her head and followed his words and said, "Yes, Mr. Ning does seem to have more social activities these days. Maybe it's because the company is busy."

  busy?

  What are you busy with?

  Shen Shuyun accidentally broke the crispy beans in his hand. He lowered his head and looked at the broken beans in his hand, feeling a little lost.

  Some things are just like this. Once they are broken, they can never be put back together again.

  He thought again, how could the human heart become so fast? He and Ning Wan had only been together for three years, and Ning Wan's enthusiasm for him dissipated... They didn't even reach the seven-year itch, nor did they reach the ten-year date, only three Years have come to an end.

  "Mr. Shen?" Aunt Wu called him.

  Shen Shuyun came back to his senses and smiled apologetically: "I'm sorry, you see I'm clumsy..."

  "What's here? It's just a bean. Mr. Shen, you don't look very good," Aunt Wu looked at him worriedly and asked with concern, "Do you want to go upstairs and take a rest?"

  "That's fine."

  Shen Shuyun withdrew from the kitchen, sat in the living room and opened a book. The book was placed on his knees. He didn't turn a page for a long time, and he didn't know how many words he read.

  He was alone, lonely, and somewhat lifeless.

  All Shen Shuyun has now is a fairly good memory and a marriage that exists in name only.

  It was like a person who had been sentenced to death was put on the execution platform and pressed to the ground, waiting for the guillotine above to fall - Shen Shuyun was waiting, waiting for Ning Wan to confess to him, and also waiting for Ning Wan's choice. .

  Fortunately, there are no more bonds between them that cannot be broken, such as children and property. Everything can be easily discussed and separated.

  Tang Yichuan took a taxi to a bar at the address Ning Wan gave him. It was an underground bar. When he walked down the spiral staircase, he opened the door and saw Ning Wan sitting at the bar on the right.