chapter 25 - third wedding anniversary

A soothing and melodious piece of music rang out, causing Ning Wan, who was buried in a pile of documents, to raise his head. He picked up his phone, pressed the answer button, and automatically answered, “Hello, Brother Yun?”
Shen Shuyun was the only one of his contacts who had a separate ringtone set for incoming calls, and this tune was the accompaniment to the first waltz that he and Shen Shuyun had ever danced to.

A warm voice like flowing water came through the microphone, “Ah Wan, are you coming back for dinner today?”

Ning Wan smiled lightly with soft tenderness showing between his eyebrows, “Of course, today is our third wedding anniversary; how could I not have dinner home?”
Time flew by, the cycle of the year went round, spring went to autumn, summer passed to winter, and surprisingly, three years had already passed.

It was worth saying that every day with Shen Shuyun was so comfortable to Ning Wan.

It was as if the key had finally found the lock to which it belonged, fitting together tightly, every inch just right, leaving not a single gap.

Shen Shuyun’s character was complementary to Ning Wan’s. He was like a clear spring that always gently embraced Ning Wan, and in this marriage, Ning Wan had also learnt to be indifferent to everything – this indifference was out of the deepest peace of mind, and this peace was brought to him by Shen Shuyun.
His heart had never been so settled in the past twenty years, and every day he was with Shen Shuyun, he looked forward to the next.

Ning Wan thanked the heavens for sending Shen Shuyun to him when he was young, and for reuniting them again three years ago.
He originally didn’t believe in fate, but Shen Shuyun, a cloud that only stopped for him, made him believe in the words “fate”.

After Ning Wan had finished packing, he called his secretary to distribute the signed documents and left work early, humming and driving all the way home at exactly four o’clock.
He pressed his finger on the door lock, only to hear a snap and the door opened automatically, Ning Wan changed his shoes in the entrance hall, sniffed and said while taking off his outside trench coat, “Did you make fish soup today? Good ……”
Before he could finish his sentence, his eyes were drawn to the person in front of him, forgetting all about his next sentence.

Shen Shuyun looked like he had just finished taking a bath and the burgundy bathrobe that was on him enhanced his snow white skin while the belt tied around his thin waist made him look slender, with broad shoulders and a thin waist, and in excellent shape.

“Why are you back so early today?” Shen Shuyun had a thick towel in his hand, resting on his head and rubbing it casually, his eyes containing a layer of foggy moisture, “I haven’t finished cooking yet.”

“Because I skipped work!” Ning Wan opened his arms and said, “Surprised? Is it unexpected?”
Shen Shuyun gave a hearty laugh and threw the half-wet towel at Ning Wan, “You’re the boss, do bosses still have the luxury of skipping work?”

Ning Wan threw the towel aside, walked forward and wrapped his arms around Shen Shuyun’s waist and whispered in his ear, “Brother Yun …… you’re not wearing anything underneath, are you?”

Shen Shuyun felt that Ning Wan was really over his head, the house was so big and there were only two of them, yet he still needed to whisper to him right in his ears; Ning Wan’s hot wet nose sprayed on his ears and neck, and he couldn’t help but have his cheeks burning and his waist getting soft …… He pushed Ning Wan’s shoulders and said in a small voice, “Let go.”