chapter 65 - Rainy Night

"What's wrong? Are you worried?"

  Shen Shuyun came back to his senses, looked into Xiao Mo's narrow eyes, and responded with a slightly embarrassed smile, saying: "No, how can I.

  After saying this, Shen Shuyun took a big sip of the red wine on the side, trying to cover up his distraction just now.

  They had dinner at a Western restaurant, and Xiao Mo took the initiative to invite them. The store is located on a high floor. Looking from the window at this time, there are thousands of lights in the dark night, as bright as day. The traffic and people on the road meet, it is a lively and prosperous time.

  "You have been uneasy since you came back from China." Xiao Mo took a steak knife and cut off a piece of meat with great force. The blade of the knife rubbed against the plate and let out an ear-piercing scream. "Why, it's been two months since you came back and you haven't seen anything yet." Come out?"

  The astringency of red wine lingered on Shen Shuyun's tongue. He lowered his eyes and said softly: "Maybe...after all, I met my child when I went back."

  Xiao Mo's hand paused and his voice was slightly cold: "Since you have decided to start over, let's live a good life here and let go of the past."

  "I've given up. Now that I'm back..."

  "Have you really let it go?" Xiao Mo interrupted Shen Shuyun's words. He held up his chin and looked at Shen Shuyun. His eyes were so sharp that they seemed to be able to penetrate Shen Shuyun. "I've been wondering what it is that makes you distracted. Is it the city, the child, or...that person?"

  Shen Shuyun's expression darkened. He put down his knife and fork, pushed forward the steak plate with more than half of it left in front of him, and said impatiently, "What on earth do you want to say?"

  Xiao Mo is not a fool. He can naturally see that Shen Shuyun is angry. But the bigger Shen Shuyun's reaction is, the more it proves that he is right - only those who are stepped on will become angry. I don't know why, Xiao Mo just couldn't suppress the fire in his heart today.

  Why? After working hard for several years, he saw that Shen Shuyun's attitude toward him was loosening little by little. Why did Shen Shuyun only go back for half a month, and when he came back, he looked like he didn't care about food and food, and refused to accept people from thousands of miles away? That alpha had hurt Shen Shuyun before, so why did Shen Shuyun become obsessed with him?

  "Why are you so obsessed with him? Why can't you forget him? Why can't I?"

  "...I'm full, and I see that you don't seem to be in the mood to eat anymore, so that's it for today." Shen Shuyun stood up, his face could be said to be ugly, "I'm going back first, this meal counts." I invite you."

  Xiao Mo squeezed his fork tightly and did not answer. He was afraid that if he opened his mouth, he would say something irreparable and hurt the relationship between the two people, so he simply shut up and killed this possibility at the source.

  Shen Shuyun went to pay the bill, then left the restaurant alone, put his hands in his trouser pockets and walked slowly towards his residence. Singapore is not a big place, but his residence is not very close to this restaurant. It takes about forty minutes to walk back. He deliberately did not take a taxi because he wanted to enjoy the evening breeze and clear his mind.

  Even he himself didn't know why he had such a big reaction. Just like a cat whose tail was stepped on, all the fur on his body exploded.

  After walking for half an hour, the night sky suddenly lit up for a moment. Before Shen Shuyun realized that it was lightning, a series of muffled thunders rolled in from the thick clouds.