chapter 68 - Late

"Why are your eyes still red?" Ning Wan smiled and stretched out his hand to rub Shen Shuyun's cheek, "Quickly stop it, you have to video chat with Xiaodu. If the child sees you crying, you should feel embarrassed again.

  "video?"

  Ning Wan took out his mobile phone from his pocket, clicked on the software, and dialed the other end of the phone. He said calmly: "Yes, I made an agreement with the nanny who was watching Xiaodu yesterday to have a video chat with Xiaodu at five o'clock today. He helped me operate the computer."

  Before Shen Shuyun could react, the call was already connected. He had obviously been waiting for the video invitation. Shen Du's excited voice came from the phone: "Abba!"

  The child's smile is extremely contagious, and even through the screen, the unadulterated joy is transmitted to the two fathers without fail. Ning Wan looked at Shen Du, laughed with him, and asked, "Did you listen to auntie in the old house?"

  Shen Shuyun leaned over to take a look, and saw a wrinkled and bitter face. He only heard the other end complaining in a tone: "Listen - when are you coming back? Dad, I miss you. I also I don’t want to live here anymore, I want to go home, I want to go back to my original kindergarten..."

  Ning Wan coolly said, "I think what you miss most is classmate Xiaoye."

  "What, what?" Shen Du's tone was obviously flustered, and he condemned in a covert manner, "Abba, why are you talking nonsense?"

  Ning Wan turned to Shen Shuyun and explained: "Xiaoye is a girl in his old kindergarten class. She is quite beautiful."

  Shen Shuyun chuckled and leaned over. He didn't mind watching the excitement and said "oh". Shen Du's face gradually turned red as Shen Shuyun's tone changed over and over again.

  Ning Wan looked at Shen Du's embarrassed look and stopped teasing him. He looked serious and reminded, "Xiao Du, what did dad tell you yesterday."

  Shen Du finally remembered that it was time to get down to business, grinned, and shouted sweetly: "Uncle Shen, happy birthday."

  Ning Wan handed the phone to Shen Shuyun and asked him to hold it and chat with Shen Du. Shen Shuyun almost cried at Shen Du's sweet blessing. He closed his eyes and endured it for a while before holding back the tears: "Thank you, Xiaodu. Uncle is very touched."

  Shen Du thought for a while and said seriously: "I really hope Uncle Shen can come back with dad as soon as possible. Xiaodu still wants to go out and play with you."

  Shen Shuyun never expected that Shen Du would say this. His heart was immediately filled with a sore emotion. He didn't even know how to answer the question, so he had to cast a confused look at Ning Wan. Ning Wan understood and immediately came to Shen Shuyun's rescue: "Xiaodu, tell your Uncle Shen something else."

  After saying this, Ning Wan wandered to the sofa in the living room, grabbed a book and read it, leaving the father and son the space to talk.

  "Uncle, you know, the Ning family's old house is really boring and dull," Shen Du sat on the big leather chair in Ning Wan's study, swaying his little feet, "Although it is much bigger than our home, there are not many people here. I live here, and my grandpa is very fierce. I don’t dare to talk to him, and the whole house is empty. My father said that he lived here when he was a child. I don’t know how he endures it!”

  "Has your grandfather... ever been cruel to you?"

  "No, but he always has a straight face and is very serious," Shen Du's voice gradually lowered, with a hint of loneliness and grievance, "he doesn't talk to me often, and I don't have any aunts who are nice to me."