chapter 71 - Discovery

After breakfast, the two separated and went about their own work. Shen Shuyun was in a hurry to go to college, while Ning Wan was handling the company's affairs at home.

  Ning Wan read the report for a while, then made a video call with Anna to tell her some things she had to do in the near future. By the time he finished doing this, it was already time for lunch. Shen Shuyun sent him a message, saying that he would not go home for lunch. Ning Wan had no intention of foraging alone, so she went to the refrigerator to find some bread. Pour a glass of milk and make it a meal.

  He chewed some dry slices of bread, leaned on the sofa and closed his eyes to rest. When he was free, he thought of the mysterious medicine bottle that Shen Shuyun had taken in the morning. Ning Wan was afraid that Shen Shuyun was sick and would not tell him, so he planned to find out the packaging and contents. This search took a lot of time, and finally I found the medicine bottle in the secret compartment beside Shen Shuyun's bed. Ning Wan looked at the smooth outer wall of the medicine bottle, and the questions in his heart grew bigger and bigger: If it was just an ordinary vitamin, why did Shen Shuyun hide it so deeply? Which vitamin has no word on the outer bottle?

  Ning Wan thought for a moment, poured two pills from the medicine bottle, wrapped them in a tissue, and then dialed a number.

  Five days later, the results came out—the bottle of medicine was Paroxetine.

  Ning Wan asked, what is paroxetine?

  There was silence on the phone, and then the other end replied: "It's an antidepressant."

  ————————————

  In the evening, Shen Shuyun bought some fresh fish from a nearby supermarket and prepared to go back and fry it. But as soon as I opened the door, I felt something was wrong - the room was dark, there were no lights on, and there was no sound at all. Shen Shuyun frowned and called tentatively: "Ning Wan?"

  Generally speaking, Ning Wan would arrive home earlier than him. He would usually cook rice at home in advance and wait for him to come back to cook. Under Shen Shuyun's step-by-step instruction, Ning Wan finally learned how to use the rice cooker to cook. Although at the beginning, Ning Wan always boiled a pot of rice into porridge or stone because he could not control the amount of water. However, Shen Shuyun is a teacher. What he is best at is teaching, and he has enough knowledge for all students. Patience, in every aspect. Even though Ning Wan always produced poor works, Shen Shuyun always provided sincere encouragement and improvement measures. After a week of this, Ning Wan was finally able to make a pot of edible rice.

  In the past, Shen Shuyun was greeted by the warm aroma of rice. After Shen Shuyun made two dishes, their dinner could begin, but today, there was only the silent night.

  When Shen Shuyun didn't get an answer, he thought Ning Wan was not there. He took off his shoes and reached out to turn on the light. When the white light came on, he was so frightened that his heart skipped a beat.

  "Are you there?" Shen Shuyun put the bag in his hand on the ground and looked at Ning Wan, who was sitting in the living room, as silent as a sculpture. "Then I just called you, why didn't you respond to me?"

  Ning Wan was like a robot made of scrap metal, and Shen Shuyun's words were the instructions that activated him. The moment he raised his head, he maintained a posture change for a long time, and the bones were rubbed and replaced, making a "cluck" sound. There was a crisp sound.

  He raised his head, and Shen Shuyun saw that Ning Wan's eyes were red, and there was a little water in them, like fine diamonds under the light.

  "……What's wrong?"