chapter 74 - The rest of life

The fire was not as bad as Shen Shuyun thought. The fire that was burning before extended to the balcony, but if you look closer, you can see that there is a narrow passage on the far right side against the wall, which has not been completely blocked. Ning It was from there that Wan came in ducking down. The two decided to evacuate quickly, with Ning Wan protecting him and Shen Shuyun covering him with the big bath towel. The moisture in the towel was steamed by the fierce fire, and sweat rolled down Shen Shuyun's forehead.

  They walked sideways against the wall, and the flames might attack them at any time. They could only speed up as much as possible. Ning Wan's shirt was almost licked by the wanton tongue of flames.

  At this moment, something unexpected happened!

  The wooden wine rack standing on the left was burned, and a broken wooden bar with fire suddenly fell to the right! Shen Shuyun didn't stop and was about to hit him. Ning Wan reacted and quickly pushed Shen Shuyun. However, he also followed the inertia and stumbled forward.

  All this happened in a flash of lightning. When Shen Shuyun came to his senses and looked back, he couldn't help shouting: "Ning Wan——"

  I saw Ning Wan half-kneeling on the ground, his features wrinkled together due to severe pain, and the burning piece of wood was falling on the back of his shoulder. In an instant, the flames followed the wood and rolled up to Ning Wan. The sweat-soaked shirt on his body was burning on his skin!

  Ning Wan's eyes were filled with stars, and he gritted his teeth despite the severe pain and took a step forward. He threw the wooden stick on the ground and rolled his body against the wall, trying to put out the fire, but this was difficult to do in a fire scene. He A painful roar rolled in his throat, making Shen Shuyun shed tears.

  "Let's go, let's go... uh!" Ning Wan held on to the wall, pushed Shen Shuyun with red eyes, and shouted with all his strength, "Brother Yun, let's go!"

  Shen Shuyun knew that this was not the place to waste time, so he simply set his mind aside and walked out quickly, no longer caring about the thick smoke in front of him.

  The fallen wood had already been burned to a great extent, and the fire on it was not too big. After they walked out of the burning room, Ning Wan lay down on the spot and rolled twice in the corridor. This time he finally succeeded. Putting out the fire that started in his back. Although he narrowly escaped death, the situation was not optimistic - Ning Wan's back was burned to a bloody pulp, and his clothes and flesh were stuck together, emitting an extremely unpleasant burning smell. The scene could be considered extremely tragic.

  Shen Shuyun's heart suddenly dropped, and before he knew it, his eye circles were red again.

  "Don't... don't cry," Ning Wan took a few breaths and lay on the ground, as if he didn't have the strength to stand up again. He managed a smile, "It's more uncomfortable for me to cry than to be burned."

  Shen Shuyun has never been a person who likes to cry. The stronger a person is, the heavier the tears are. The few drops that fall are simply going to make a hole in Ning Wan's heart.

  Ning Wan held on and said a few words of comfort intermittently, and his eyesight turned black. He knew in his heart that he probably couldn't hold on for too long, so he warned, "Run downstairs quickly, you can't stay here for long."

  How could Shen Shuyun leave Ning Wan and escape on his own? He wanted to help Ning Wan get up, but at this moment, a burst of messy footsteps came. Shen Shuyun looked up and saw several firefighters rushing up with things. His heart suddenly relaxed and he sat on the ground with weak legs.