Chapter 4: Big Dreams (Edited)

"I've always had big dreams. Bigger dreams than a man like myself can achieve."

A small y/n had a book filled with magnificent animals, his eyes were filled with stars. 

"HAHA." A teasing voice called, y/n closed his book, instantly hiding it under his shirt.

"Aw, look, little l/n's scaredddd!" The other voice teased, "What? Ain't got nothin' to say?" Y/n just looked down, the three boys didn't seem happy about the lack of reaction. "Hey, don't ignore us!" The first boy jumped at y/n, who held the book as close as he could.

After rolling around for a bit, the boy came out victorious. He held up the book. "Look what the little boy was readingggg" He teased tossing the book to one of the other boys: "Eh? A book on beasts?"

"They aren't beasts..."

"Eh? What was that?" The first boy asked, rolling y/n onto his back, then placing his foot on top of his chest. "They aren't beasts..." the first boy laughed. "That's all you have to say!?"

"What'd he say?" The boy who held the book asked, "He said they ain't beasts," the third boy giggled, "Jeez, I bet he'd say that dragons ain't monsters!"

"They aren't..." The boys laughed at y/n's whine, "Aw, what a sweetheart. Say, haven't you been reading this same book for years? I don't think ya need it no more." With that, the first boy took back the book and held it over a fountain. 

Y/n sat up, got clumsily to his feet, "Please—don't—!" His pleading got no sympathy from the three, and before y/n could stop him, the boy had thrown the book into the water.

Y/n ran over to the fountain, looking desperately for the old book. The boys laughed as they ran off.

"I've never been strong; I've never been good-looking or charming."

Y/n sighed, "I wish I was like you..." Leona showed to his left, his back facing y/n. "Proud, handsome, loud-spoken, unashamed, strong, respected—everything I've always wanted to be..." 

Ruggie showed to his right, his arms crossed and his signature grin on his face, his back also facing y/n. "Or like you, loyal, smart, strong willed, never afraid to speak your mind, never afraid to take what you want, charming; everyone likes you, your so easy to get along with..."

The light left the three men as a podium rose from the floor behind y/n, Jack stood on top of it, his arms crossed, looking down at y/n. "You have all of these put together and more; you're so sweet yet strong, soft yet harsh, shy yet loud spoken..." 

All of his dorm mates disappeared, he sighed.

"I just wish I was like all the other boys..."

~.~

He woke up around his normal time. It was almost the start of his shift at the thrift store again. He made himself a coffee/tea, and wrote a note saying he was going to work.

"Ah, good morning, y/n!" Bhuv greeted smiling, "Hello, uncle." Bhuv placed the box of stuff he'd been carrying; it made a soft cling as it was gently put on the floor next to y/n's desk. "A few guys were looking for you earlier" Y/n opened the box, and picked up an old-looking egg, which, when opened, had a small model of a mansion that cycled the perimeter; stopping so one side could have a walkway and bushes. He took a magnifying glass and began to polish the old model.

(Little history lesson: An Imperial Egg is what I described, and it was "The renowned set of 50 Easter eggs bearing the Imperial family of Russia was designed for them. They are tied to the tragic demise of the last Romanov family. They were the pinnacle of the renowned Russian jewelry firm and must be regarded as the final great commissions of objets d'art. During Emperor Alexander III's reign, ten eggs were produced; forty more were created during his obedient son's reign. And the one I mentioned comes from a jewelry company in Saint Petersburg, Russia, called The House of Fabergé, which went by the accentuated version of the name Fabergé. I will include a picture of one here: