Chapter 3: I Can't Do This Alone... (Edited)

WARNING FOR: TALK OF DEPRESSION AND THOUGHTS OF RELAPSES!! I will mark when those will be talked about there will be a skip point (me telling you where it starts and ends so you can skip it) love you and stay safe

~.~

"Auntie?" Y/n saw his aunt by the window, it surprised the young boy, it was hard for his aunt to move now-in days. 

"Hello, hun," he walked over to her and gave her a hug. "Doing better today?" His aunt hummed, "Yes, thank you. Sit down." He did as told, looking at his aunt curiously. 

"This is a long time overdue, but I can't hold it any longer. My time is almost over, and Samoća needs someone to fight for them." 

"Fight for them? Auntie, what are you saying?" 

His aunt sighed. "Remember the tale of how Samoća was found?" 

Y/n cocked his head, "Um, kinda, I remember the jest; maybe you should refresh my memory." 

His aunt chuckled. "Alright, the tale goes: many, many years ago, three people wished to get away from the corrupt world and make their own. They found land that was unclaimed since there were rumors it was home to a very powerful Licho. The three people decided they would risk it to build their own city there. The Licho was very unhappy upon hearing this and declared a never ending war on them. Which, rumor has it still goes on to this day. Two of the three people fled only leaving a man from Briar Valley to fight alone. The man, adept in his magical abilities, agreed to fight the Licho living there, the first time he lost, the second time he won, he was left alone for a few years before the Licho fully healed and came back for the third round. This went on until the day of his firstborn's 18th birthday, when the man let his son take over. And so on. Legend says: The descendants of this family still fight for their land to this day." His aunt finished, leaving y/n more confused than before. "What does that have to do with me?"

His aunt pulled a very large leather thing from under her bed. She put the object on her nephew's lap. "Open this on your 18th birthday." Y/n's fingers wrapped around the thing in his lap. He felt what seemed to be a sword. "Aunty, I don't understand..." 

"We are that man's descendants. My father, your grandfather, gave the job to me, and now I give it to you. You are truly a copy of your grandfather, his strength, his work ethic, his beauty," she squished his cheeks. "Even he thought it, you were only 8 when you beat him in one of your little matches. I genuinely cannot give this job to anyone else. The Licho has some hard shit comin her way!" 

"I think you have too much faith in me. I can't fight anything! And grandpa, let me win! I can't do anything; I'm not made to fight!!!" His aunt shook her head. "He might've went easy on you, but your grandfather didn't believe in "letting people win." He would go easy but never give up." She took his hands, "You are made for this. Your great great great great great great great great—" 

"Auntie," she held a finger up, "great great great great great" she said about another 100 greats before finishing with: "Grandfather started this; he was a strong mage; and so are you. I still remember Fool-san describing how you protected that dog." 

Y/n looked down, "Your values are strong; you say what you think and don't apologize. You'll fight for what you believe. That's hard to find."

Y/n dragged a finger down what he felt to be the shaft of the sword. "You'll do great. The day of your 18th birthday, take that sword and bring it to the eldest willow tree next to the spring. The moment you unsheath that sword, it will be your start to being the protector of Samoća. Every year around the same time, she comes back to fight for this land. No matter how many times she beats you never give up. Don't leave the city without beating her in your most recent battle. Hopefully, you can end this cycle. The fate of us all is in your hands."