Chapter 29: Matchday

"WHAT A SAVE FROM LOUISE MCKAY! She really is on a path here!", the commentator shouted.

"She's a daredevil. To jump right in front of someone. So much could go wrong there! You got to give Sam Kerr praise for keeping control over her body and not step on McKay in the heat of the moment", another commentator said.

You all heard that right. I'm a star right about now. I just saved a difficult shot from Kerr. It always feels nice when I save some shots, but it's even more nice when they're from Chelsea.

One thing I actually liked about my parents, well my dad in this case, was that he never let me forget the rivalries in the sport. He always was an Arsenal fan, but then he could get his hands on some shares in the City department. That's how I ended up here. He was always talking about how 'Tottenham is shit', and 'Chelsea are farmers'. So, it stuck with me as well. I don't think Leah will have a problem with that side of me.

Anyways, we're two minutes into the match now. Chelsea already shot four times on target. I had to save three of them already, the other one just missed the crossbar. Safe to say we're not doing so well.

I just saved this ball by diving to Kerr's feet. I got the ball and got right back up too. I rolled it in front of Alanna's feet and she passed it to Keira. Keira and Georgia work like magic in our midfield, and it showed. They danced around whole Chelsea's midfield, and G even got through their defense as well. She could've taken a shot, but decided to assist Ellen. She didn't have a problem with slotting that one home. I have to admit, that assist was in fact a beauty from G.

1-0 to us.

POV: Leah

"Again!"

Damn it, Jonas. He's making us do this drill over and over again because his perfectionism can't take it. He's made up some ridiculous task and we have to get it right five times. We're on number four now and we can't seem to get the fifth.

Just now, I was the person who messed it up for everyone. And as the team does, they mocked me. Katie, Kim and Lia were already laughed at too.

"Go back to your girlfriend Leah! You seem to have better luck there", someone shouted. I think it was Katie. I didn't give her attention because the try just before this one, she was the idiot who messed it up.

"Yeah, how is Louise anyways? Getting laid enough?", another one shouted.

"Oh my God, guys! Jonas, you letting them say those things?", I tried to get him to defend me. But just my luck, everyone was tight here so a little joke or two could pass. And with everyone, I meant everyone. The staff and coaches too.

"I can't say I'm not nosy as well Leah", Jonas grinned. Now that's just creepy.

"Again guys!", I just shouted. We have a drill to complete.

After we were done with training for tomorrow's match, I went inside to check City's score. For Louise, I hoped they won, but for us I really hoped they drew. Because that would help us move up.

2-2, full time.

Wait, a red card for City?

Oh. She got a red.

Well, that could be because of several reasons. She's a goalkeeper, maybe she just pulled an Ellie Roebuck.

I'll call her now, it's not like we need to hide anything anyways. My team was coming into the locker room behind me but were just busy doing their own things.

"Hey Le", she answered immediately.

"Hey, I missed you. I just saw the score. The red as well, what happened?", I asked. I saw some faces looking my way, but I just stared at the ground. I'm sure they could just look it up too if they want to.