Chapter 6: Unveiling stories

I got home an hour ago. I'm in my room right now, packing as much as I can. I want, no, I need to get out of here as soon as possible.

"Wheezy?", G called out. Damn it, why is she here so fast? Anyways, I didn't respond, I'm so incredibly pissed at her.

"Lou, are you in here?", she called out to the kitchen. Hehe, nope, not in there. In Belgium, we have a saying: 'Wie zoekt die vindt' (literally: who searches, shall find), so search G. Or better yet, don't and let me pack.

"Stop with the nicknames", I called out. I just couldn't help myself.

"Look, Lou, I-", she began yet again with a nickname.

"Now what did I just say?", I scolded her like I was her mother.

"Louise, please just let us explain", she said. Us? She doens't mean that she brought them al over, right?

"Don't tell me I'm going to find the team downstairs", I demanded to know.

She didn't answer. She isn't being serious right now! Damn it. I dropped my bags, sat on my bed and let my face fall into my hands. I won't get out of here without someone stopping me, so I'd rather have G do it then anyone else.

"Explain then, but just us, nobody from downstairs", I gave her the go ahead.

"All right. I'm going to start from the beginning. Do you know Carli Lloyd? Okay, that's a stupid question, everybody knows her. When she played with Manchester City a couple years back, you were in the academy. Then she told the whole squad of Manchester that no one could talk to you. No one could ever show they knew you, except for me and Steph. Steph because she is our captain, and me because I already knew you from before.", she started. This wasn't much of an explanation, because I was more confused now than before.

"You realize this doesn't help me much further, right?", I hinted for her to continue.

"Right. So, Carli told everyone that because she is teammates with Alex Morgan. And I'm so sorry I have to tell you this, but Alex is your biological mother. I'm so sorry to tell you Alex didn't want you because her career was slowly taking off. I'm so sorry I have to be the person to tell you that your father cheated on your mother with her", I was beginning to grow dizzy, this couldn't be true. They were messing with me. Not that it would be very funny, but apparently G wasn't finished yet.

"Your mother knew, but forgave the worst mistake your father could ever make. She raised you as her own and everybody slowly forgot about it. That was until Alex wanted to meet you. She realized she gave up her own child and couldn't live with that decision anymore. That's why everyone had to pretend not to know you, and practically ignore you. Otherwise, Alex would contact someone to get in contact with you", she slowly finished the story.

"I don't understand, why would Carli tell everyone to do that? Just let Alex contact anyone, right?", I asked almost frantically. But G sighed.

"G spit it out"

"Both your parents asked Carli to do that", she breathed out. That was all it took for me to completly shut down. I stopped talking, or asking questions. I began thinking.

Why would my parents keep Alex from contacting me?

Why would Carli agree to ask the team to ignore me when she is teammates with Alex?

Why would the team agree with Carli to ignore me?

But most importantly, why would nobody tell me this? Not my team, not my family?

"I can't believe this. I can't believe this. I can't believe this", I just kept repeating myself.

"Look Louise, I wanted to tell you, I really did", G spoke up again.