Chapter Nine - Billie

I'm currently in my room watching a movie when I start hearing someone talking. I start looking around as if anybody is gonna be in my bedroom. I pause the movie and all I hear are muffled hellos and someone saying my name. I eventually trace the noise to my phone which is in my pocket. I pull it out and I see that I'm in a FaceTime with Y/n. What the hell?

"Y/n? What?" I question.

"Yeah, I'm confused, too. Why'd you call?" She asked.

"I didn't?"

"Obviously you did. Because I know I didn't call you,"

"Well, I didn't call you. That must've happened due to my phone being in my pocket." I told her.

"Oh, well, I'll leave you be then. Just wanted to be sure you didn't need anything." She said.

"Aw, you care about me?" She rolled her eyes.

"You're annoying,"

"That's so mean," I said sarcastically. She laughed. Her laugh is so cute. "You look like hell," I told her.

"Oh, thanks. That makes me feel so good about myself. I just got home from being at Gia's house," she said. Gia? Whose that?

"Who's Gia?" I asked.

"She's one of my best friends. It was me, her, Michael and Liam. We were all hanging out and got high and whatever." She explained.

"You smoke weed?" I questioned.

"Yeah? Why? Is that a problem?"

"No, not at all. I just didn't expect that from you," I told her.

"What do you mean you didn't expect that from me?"

"I don't know,"

"Mhm,"

"Maybe you and I could smoke together sometime?" I asked.

"Yeah, that sounds nice. I just don't know when I'll be back in LA again," she said sadly.

"Well, if you do ever end up coming back here you should definitely let me know so we could get together and do something. Or just hang out." I told her and she nodded.

"Will do," she said. "So do you have anything planned for the rest of the day?"

"Today? No. But the Oscars are in a week days so I need to start getting ready for that." I told her.

"Oh, that sounds fun. You excited for that?"

"Yeah, mostly nervous tho," I told her.

"Why's that?"

"Because I don't think I'm gonna win,"

"Oh, I'm sure you'll be fine. You're Billie Eilish. You're gonna win." She said, making me laugh.

"I sure hope you're right,"

"I'm always right,"

"Oh, you're cockey," I said and she smiled. "If you're gonna be so cockey about my win, you should come back and come with me so you can watch it in person." I see a hint of excitement in her eyes before it fades.

"I would but I'm sure I'll be able to. I mean, I just got home and I don't even have the money for a trip there and back again. I'd have to go to work for like a year if I wanted to do that. Besides, I don't think I'd have anything to wear to an event like that." She said.