Chapter Thirteen - Billie

It's the morning of the Oscars, and everything is hectic right now. Everybody is trying to get around and make sure that they have everything they need and keep their sanity all at once. But to be honest, it's mostly me freaking out. I'm worried about myself, and I'm trying to make sure that Y/n is comfortable and that she doesn't get overwhelmed.

"Y/n, baby, are you okay?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I'm good," she says. Her tone sounds like she's fine, but I wish I could see her face. I can't move because both of us are getting our makeup done, and I don't want to mess these wonderful people up.

"Have you decided on which outfit you're gonna wear?" Claudia asks her.

"I think so," Y/n says. I smile. She looked so good in both outfits the other day. But if I'm being honest, I really loved her in the dress. She looked so good. Hot.

"How much more time do we have?" I ask, hoping someone will answer.

"Don't tell her. You'll just stress her out even more," Finneas says. I glare at him.

"Billie, there's enough time. Stop stressing," Claudia tells me. I sigh. They're right. I need to calm down.

-

I walk back into the room where Claudia and Finneas are. We're all changed and ready to go.

"Where's Y/n," I ask. They both shrug. A couple of seconds later, the door opens, and Y/n walks in. "Holy shit," I whisper to myself.

I fully expected her to wear the button-up and pants. She would've looked hot in that, too, but damn. Her hair was lightly curled, and she had light make-up on, and she just overall looked stunning.

"What do you guys think?" She asks.

"You look amazing!" Claudia says.

"You look good," Finneas adds. She looks at me.

"What do you think, Billie?" I smile at her, trying to find the words.

"You look... beautiful," I stuttered, and I watched as her face went red. I'm sure my face is red, too.

"Alright, you two, let's go. We got a long night ahead of us," Claudia says, and we all walk out.

-

It felt like forever we spent taking pictures and some people getting interviewed. There were so many other celebrities here and it was so crowded. At some point, I grabbed Y/n's hand just so I could keep her close so she wouldn't get lost in the crowd. Her hands are so soft. After so long, we all ended up in a large room sitting around tables. Of course, Y/n and I sat next to each other. On the other side of her were Claudia, Finneas and my parents. I still can't believe she's here. But now that we're at the Oscars, how much longer will she actually be here? That thought is upsetting. Let's think about that another time.

We're listening to people talk and talk and talk. Awards are being given out under certain categories. I just wanna leave and go to a party and drink and have fun. I mean, I love talking to everybody, but oh, my God. This shit takes for fucking ever. I looked over at Y/n. She seemed distracted. I leaned over to her.

"You good?" I ask and she looks at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she says.

"You sure?" She nods. "Alright. How do you feel about going to a party after this?" I ask her. She smiles at me.

"That sounds great,"