Chapter Fourty-Seven - Billie

"So what exactly are we doing for this whole wedding thing? It's been three months and we still haven't got anything. It's not like it needs to happen tomorrow and we can take our time I just want to have a plan," Y/n says while we're driving to my interview on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.

"Okay, do you have any idea of what you may want?" I ask her. She sighs.

"No, but that's why I said we need to talk about it and plan something. At least one thing. Like when we might want it to be. Where do we want it to be? How much are we willing to spend on a wedding? Do we want a big or small wedding? There are so many things that need to be decided," she says with a stressed tone in her voice. 

"Okay, okay. How about this? Tomorrow. I don't have anything planned. We can talk about some things then and we can get a little bit of an understanding of what we may want," I say, putting my hand on her thigh and she puts her hand on top of mine and smiles.

"Okay," she says softly. 

-

"So you have anything interesting going on in your life right now, Billie? Any new music?" Stephen asks me. I smile and nod.

"Um, well... okay. There are a few things I have been working on. But I'm not going to tell,"

"Aw, I'm sure we'll learn about what you're working on soon enough,"

"Maybe," I laugh.

"So, may I ask about your relationship with Y/n?"

"Yeah, go ahead,"

"How is the relationship may I ask? Is it good?"

"Oh, it's amazing. I love her so much. She's pretty much the love of my life. Actually, she is the love of my life," I already know that my face is red.

"That's wonderful. How long have you guys been together now?"

"A little over two years now," 

"That's good. Any plans on getting married at all," he jokes. I laugh.

"Oh, um, that's a question. I believe that it could happen, eventually. Anytime soon? Um," I smile knowing that I've already proposed to her and knowing that we're getting ready to plan a wedding. "Maybe wait a little bit longer,"

"You are very good at keeping people are their toes,"

"I take pride in that,"

-

"Okay, let's start with the simple stuff first," Y/n says. I just nod, listening to her. "Let's figure out if we want something big or small. Are we just wanting friends and family or like do we want  extended family, too?" She asks me.

"Mm, I would probably say just friends and close family would be best for the two of us," I tell her. She nods.

"Good. I hoped you'd say that," I smile and laugh at her. 

"What's next?" 

"Um," I admire her while she thinks. "Stop looking at me like that. You're making it hard to focus,"

"I'm sorry," I say and look away from her. She sighs. "What's your dream wedding?"

"Pardon?"

"I remember you saying once that you've always thought about the day that you would get married. Though you thought it would never happen. But here it is. The one thing you thought wouldn't happen. You're currently planning the wedding that you've always dreamed of. So, what is it that you've made up in your mind? Tell me what you want,"

"But what about you? This isn't just a day for me. It's for both of us. Even though it's not gonna happen for a while it should be something we both enjoy,"

"You have done so much for me. You've made me the happiest I've ever been. You have always been patient with me even when you shouldn't be. I've never once thought about the day I might get married. Maybe once or twice when I was younger, but over the last five years I always thought that was just some stupid thing that dumb people do. I've never had any idea of what I would want. So please just tell me what you want and we'll do that," she smiles and nods.

-

"God, this is so stupid!" Y/n says, putting her head in her hands.

"What's wrong, my love?" I ask her, wrapping my arms around her waist and resting my head on her shoulder. 

"Wedding planning is what's wrong. Nothing looks right. Everything I want or like doesn't fit together. The colors are all wrong," I smile and kiss her neck.

"You've been draining yourself trying to plan this. I want to help you but you're not giving me much go off of," I tell her. She sighs.

"Well, you told me to go with what I want, and what I want isn't working. Besides, you're working all the time. You're trying to finish up your next project and there's a good chance that you'll be going on tour again and our wedding will have to wait a while anyway," I smile.

"Well, if that is true, which I will not let it be, you'd have all the time in the world to plan it. Plus I'm here to help you with anything.  You need to take a break. Let your mind rest for a while. You've been drowning yourself in this stupid wedding stuff for months. Take a break for a few days. Let my mom take over it for a bit. She's offered plenty of times to help us out. She knows what she's doing," she sighs and looks at me. 

"Okay," she says softly. 

"Good. Now, how about we go out to dinner?" I ask her. She thinks for a second and smiles.

"No," I give her a confused look. "I think I have a better idea than dinner,"

"Oh, yeah? And what's that?" I ask. She wraps her arms over my shoulders, pulls me closer to her, and kisses me. I smile and pull away to look at her. "Oh, this is a much better idea," she laughs and kisses me again. God, I love this woman in every way possible. She's perfect in every way. I don't know what I would do without her.