26. Under pressure

Kaiman and the others arrived there a few hours later, while driving there with Tanba's food van. To find a place inside the garden party won't be easy, since a lot more sorcerers want to serve their foods to the public. It didn't take long till the news were spread, that loads of devils are there as well. The entrance was full and so was the way for the sorcerers with their vans. Kaiman didn't want to wait any longer, wanting to jump out and just murder the guards. Fukuyama had to hold him back, while Tanba hits his head, "Are you trying to blow your cover already?! Be patiently, we are almost there."

The lizard guy sighted frustrated.

He sat inside the van in his outfit, as Tanba's wife, feeling impatient to wait, "Can't I just go ahead?"

"Just wait damn it!"

Fukuyama giggled at lizard man's behavior, "Say Kaiman; are you in love with N/A?"

"Why is everyone asking me that?!"

Tanba was starting to lose his patience too, "Because you act like a love sick puppy!"

Kaiman snorted, "Are you jealous dear?"

"As if, all I am is feeling sorry for this girl. I swear, if she falls for you she will have my deepest sympathy." Tanba grinned wide at this, while Fukuyama kept giggling. Kaiman didn't realize what he was up to, as the lizard man got furious, "Speak for yourself, I am a good boyfriend!"

Ops!

The owner was satisfied, "Wasn't so bad to admit it now, was it?"

Kaiman panicked, "No...I mean...I can be...could be..." the next, he slapped Fukuyama's arm; "...this is your entire fault!" She stopped laughing, "What did I do?"

"You asked this stupid question!"

Tanba couldn't hear it anymore, "For crying out loud. What is so bad about admitting that you love this girl?!"

"...I like her...there is a difference..."

Before they know it, Tanba had hit the brakes so hard that both of his staff members had hit their heads. Thrown back, they got a got slam against the wall of the van, "Out now!" Not only didn't Kaim had to go, also Fukuyama was leaving the vehicle. Tnaba's orders were for her to keep an eye on the lizard man, till it was his turn to enter the party.

The guards looked puzzled, as the third van threw out two women. Curious, one asked Tanba for the reason for his actions. The owner sighted, "I had a quarrel with my staff...and wife." The last part came out with a little hesitation. Asuka had to hear this whole situation in the back of the van, pouting at his words, "He better not cheat on me with this man-lizard-woman." Kaiman and Fukuyama waited with the guards together, while she had to stop him from drawing his knife and cause a massacre. For him a hard task, staying patient at the entrance, Fukuyama held his hand to calm him down, "Be careful Kaiman. If she is really in the hands of the En family, you will have tough opponents to deal with. I hope that you don't have to fight at all." The lizard man thought the same thing.

At the garden party, not all vans were at their places, but the names are already pinned to the ground. Tanba mentioned that his meat bags are really good, so it was no surprise that he gets a place at the party as well. Even though I look like any other servant in my outfit, the devils are all giving me a look once in a while. But they are not the only ones, as something was against my leg. Kikurage was back! The cat thing looked up to me, with tears in its eyes, "Nyaa...nyaaa...aaaa (Why did you do that?)" Great, another problem to deal with, I thought. I had no windows to throw it out or something to hide it insides...but...

"NYAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Problem solved, over the wall will do. Unlike the sorcerers, the devils had seen it and almost chocked on their drinks and food. Somehow I came to realize what they meant by 'having fun'. I was their entertainment, while keeping my identity hidden from En. Chidaruma didn't make it any easier, teasing the sorcerer to no end, at least the distracted En while I could walk around and serve the guests.

Kikurage landed on its feet and began to whine loudly. It was hungry and in need for affection. The creature was thinking back of En's lap, only to replace the sorcerer with a vision of me. The cat thing remembered how I used to love having it in my arms, cuddling it to no end. Kikurage loved it and is determined to get it back. Smelling the air, the creature found another familiar scent. Curious, it followed the smell.

On the other side of the mansion, were En's cleaners.

Still annoyed with the assignment, they got to the car and drove around. They both were looking forward to this party all week, only to search for this stupid pet from En. Noi unconsciously began to drool, thinking about the buffet they are going to miss out on, "I hate my cousin, constantly giving us crap jobs."

"I know Noi, we can't change it anyway. We can eat elsewhere."

"You are right Sempai. Let's get to that fancy restaurant up the hill."

Shin didn't mind it, but..., "We can't afford to eat there."

"We are at work, this goes on En's tab." They both began to smile wide. Shin lost all his anger at once, "I am starting to like these crappy jobs. It is like a vacation." For the cleaners a good thing to stuff their mouths full, while Kikurage was walking around town. The smell came from a building, where it has been before. It's eyes began to sparkle, remembering the place, "...Nya....nyaaaa (She was here)" From all sides of the building, it was looking for a way to get inside.

"Nyaaa.... (Let me in)"