Macau

Macau despised visiting The Main Family mansion every month. Apart from the monthly meetings with his uncle and cousins, he would either be in school or left alone at home. However, he was obligated to attend the monthly meetings. This time was no exception. They were all getting ready to go, but before they did, Pa reminded Vegas and Macau to behave, as usual. His Pa wasn't a good man and Macau knew that. What made him angry was that his Pa wasn't just a bad man, but also a bad father. His sons would never be enough in his father's eyes. It didn't help that all three of them were Alphas. Their second genders led them to butt heads more often than not. Vegas, Macau's brother, took the blame for most of the things even when he wasn't at fault. He had to deal with their Pa's temper and violent outbursts, even if he wasn't the one responsible for the mistakes.

His Pa always compared them to their cousins. Not Tankhun naturally, the Omega was nothing but a nuisance to him, but Kinn and Kim. They were not their cousins, but their rivals. Which is one more reason he dreaded going to The Main Family's mansion.

He was sitting in the car with his father and their bodyguards. Vegas, who usually rode his Ducati, wasn't with them. Macau also wanted to ride a bike, but his Hia made him promise to wait until he turned at least eighteen. His Hia was always worried about him and loved him more than their ever father did. When Macau was younger, he used to think he would be happier if Vegas was his father instead of Gun. Sadly, those were always just wishes, which he came to realize as he got older.

Looking out of the car window, he saw the Main Family's bodyguards standing in a line like they were on death row. Macau was aware that the bodyguards of the Main Family despised him, especially since he used to act like a brat most of the time. So he knew that their dislike towards him was justified. When Macau was younger, he tried to make them like him by playing with them when he was at the mansion, but they always looked at him with disdain. To make matters worse, his cousin Kim never wanted to play with him and called him annoying most of the time. Kim was the perfect Alpha, talented, smart, and ready for violence. Every stereotype Macau hated about his gender. Macau eventually realized that since they already had a negative opinion of him, he didn't need to change his behavior around them. He could play the character they bestowed upon him. For them, he would be a rich and bratty Alpha, who was always jealous of his cousins.

As they approached the row of bodyguards they were greeted formally. Macau recognized most of the bodyguards, as they had been around since his birth or had started working for the family sometime during his childhood. He heard from his Hia that they have recently gotten a new bodyguard. Macau could spot him at the end of the row. He was standing next to one of Tankhun's bodyguards, Pete.

Macau was familiar with Pete. He came to the mansion a year later after his cousin got kidnapped. However, Macau didn't remember much about him since he was still a child at that time. When he would come to The Main Family's mansion during his childhood he would be in the care of Nop, his Hia's bodyguard. His father would usually send him to bother his cousin Kim but when the other one got annoyed, Macau would simply wander around the mansion. Sometimes he would see a teenage boy, similar in age to his Hia, do some chores for his cousin Tankhun. Despite Tankhun's unreasonable demands, the boy would fulfill every wish with a smile on his face.

When Macau looked at Pete, Pete flashed him a dimpled smile. 'Why does he always have to smile?'

Macau scoffed and continued walking beside his Pa. As always, his father dismissed Macau the moment they entered the mansion. Left to his own devices, young Alpha decided to visit Tankhun's pond. He loved watching the fish, but when he was younger, Tankhun forbade him from going near them. He would call him dirty and say he would contaminate his pond. It was frustrating for Macau to think about his cousin's strict rules, and he found himself picking up pebbles and throwing them into the pond in frustration.