Macau

As Macau prepared for school, he wished he could have stayed at home to allow his head to heal. Unfortunately, he knew that his Pa wouldn't approve of this idea. It was a good thing his Pa didn't yell at him or Hia after the pond accident and let them off easily. Macau didn't want to push his luck with that. Therefore, Nop, Hia's bodyguard, was waiting for him at the bottom of the stairs to take him to school. Despite the pain in his head, he appreciated the extra care and attention he received from his Hia, and his P'Pete, who could only do so much to comfort him through text messages. He even managed to finish his homework, with the help of his Hia, and Nop. Together they even did Macau's chemistry project he had for that Friday, on different chemicals reacting to heat. He loved it when the flames turned green under the influence of copper. When Vegas saw he was excited about that he showed him his lighter that changed the colors as long as it burned. First, it started as orange flames, turned to blue then to green. Seeing the happiness on his brother's face Vegas gifted him the lighter.

He succeded in rearranging the trip to the aquarium with Vegas on Friday so that he could go with P'Pete on Saturday. Macau looked forward to that. He hoped that P'Pete would make some food for them, something not spicy. P'Pete always acted like he didn't know how to cook but every time Macau asked him or showed him a TikTok of some recipe P'Pete managed to cook it and it always tasted like the restaurant version of the dish. Macau loved how much P'Pete cared for the younger Alpha and he always knew it was genuine. Nothing and no one forced P'Pete to act as he acts toward Macau, only his good nature.

When Macau is alone at night, and his Pa and Hia are at work. Often, he calls his P'Pete, and if he is not busy, they talk for hours. P'Pete always asks about his day and his schoolwork. His Hia does too, and Macau knows it's not forced. He knows that his Hia really loves him, but their father burdens his Hia so much. Sometimes Macau sees Vegas looking like he hasn't slept in years. The thing is, he was probably awake for the last few nights before they saw each other. He wants to assist his brother and share some of his responsibilities, but he is still only seventeen and attending school. When he requested his Pa for more duties in the family, the worst thing he heard was that his Pa still didn't have enough trust in him to assign him any work. Macau is aware of The Minor Family's obligations. He knows how dark the family's activities can get so that his uncle and cousins can maintain a facade of legality for their chain of hotels and businesses.

One of the reasons why Macau trusts P'Pete so much is because he knows that P'Pete won't judge him or his family. It's obvious that Macau doesn't like his Pa or Hia even though P'Pete never explicitly said so. Macau is aware that P'Pete disapproves of the way that Vegas is teaching Macau how to lead some jobs in The Minor Family, but he can't say anything about it without revealing their secret relationship.

Many times Macau had to defend some of his brother's actions to his P'Pete because P'Pete thought they were too dangerous for the young Alpha. Many years ago, when Macau was eleven, Vegas took him with him to the casino they owned. As Macau was trailing after his Hia and looking at all the fun tables and games they had there, one of the patrons lost his hand at the blackjack table. Before casino staff or their bodyguards could react the man took out his gun and pointed it at his Hia. Without thinking Macau dove in front of him, his small body trying to save his older brother. He got shot in the shoulder and Vegas immediately ordered his men to take the patron to his torture dungeon. After that, he took Macau to their private doctor to get him stitched up. It was a graze but Macau had to carry his arm in a sling for the next two weeks and rest.

In the following monthly meeting, he saw P'Pete and as he saw Macau's hand he was visibly distraught. It was the first time they almost got caught. When Macau was dismissed he went to the kitchens and decided to grab a bite. The kitchen staff didn't mind him and they were doing their meal prep for that evening. Macau took a few basil steak sandwiches and asked one of the cooks for a Cha Manao as he went to sit in the garden and watch the fish pond. It didn't pass long when he heard quick steps in the garden. He was expecting it to be his crazy cousin telling him off about his fish again but the person that decided to sit beside him was none other than his P'Pete. P'Pete looked both angry and disappointed. Not at Macau though, but at Vegas. P'Pete was not that much older than him but he always would look like his elder when mad. Macau liked to joke that P'Pete looked like a disapproving parent, who caught their kids smoking. It didn't happen often that he could make his P'Pete angry but if he did he knew he messed it up big time.