Vegas-Pete

His father just left. The older Alpha came to visit while Vegas was calmly reading a book on a terrace. The slaps he received only fumed the Alpha's anger more. First, it was Pete trying to run away then his father.

His Pa's words echoed in his mind.

You and Macau are not worth being my sons. He said before he left the young Alpha to wallow in self-hatred.

When he came to the room Pete was still unconscious on his bed. For some reason that made Vegas worry.

The bodyguard lay on his bed. He didn't expect Pete to faint but he should've suspected it. The other didn't eat or drink anything for almost four days at that point.

Pete was hot to the touch. He had a fever and Vegas was currently cleaning his wounds.

The Alpha couldn't explain why he was doing that. It was his goal to make the other suffer. So, why was he taking care of him now?

It's been hours since the Beta slipped into unconsciousness and Vegas was starting to get worried. He covered his wounds in antiseptic and bandages but he still held painkillers in his pocket while he waited for the other to wake up.

Vegas left the bodyguard on the bed and went to the kitchen to make some porridge.

While it cooked he decided to call his brother. Macau deserved an explanation as to why Vegas wasn't home. And he wanted to make sure that his brother was okay. And most importantly that, his Pa didn't touch a hair on his body.

The number you have dialed is unavailable...

What are you doing Macau? Vegas wondered out loud.

He tried a few more times but it was always the same response. In the end, Vegas just sent him the name of the house where he was. In a secret code, of course.

Soon after the porridge was cooked and Vegas took it back to his room. The Beta was still not moving in his bed. But something about the room was different.

It was stuffy and the whole room was covered in an unfamiliar scent.

Vegas couldn't quite put a finger to it but it reminded him of persimmons and grapes with a hint of rosemary and sage.

The scent was overwhelming and the Alpha had to put the porridge away. His hedgehog made a squeak and Vegas knew it was best to take him outside the room while he aired it out.

He needed to move Pete too. The heir wouldn't want to risk not being the one thing that kills the bodyguard.

But when he came back into the room and closer to the Beta his body grew hotter. Vegas could hardly breathe as the scent was getting stronger.

Pete. He shook the other a bit but Pete didn't open his eyes. Hey, Pete.

'Where have I put the fucking keys?' The Alpha started searching his pockets and around the room when he felt a spike of something in the air. It smelled like a gunpowder.

Hhng. Vegas turned fast towards the bed, where the bodyguard started whimpering. Alpha...

Shit, Pete. He came back to the bed to give the other some water when Pete looked at him with through half-closed eyelids.

It came to him. Suddenly, like a lightning strike Vegas finally understood.

The bodyguard was not a Beta. No.

He wasn't.

Pete was an Omega. An Omega in Heat.

And the reason Vegas was this affected was because Pete triggered his Rut.