Preview

Finally, after Pete calmed down fully they all went inside to lie in Vegas' room. Somehow the Omega managed to fall asleep but not before hugging Macau closely and muttering apologies. Vegas found himself giving Pete some space but was pulled onto the bed by their Pup.

He needs the support now, Hia. Macau explained as Vegas settled behind Pete and nuzzled his neck. The Omega purred at that and the older Alpha took it as a sign to move closer to scent him.

They spent some time cuddling all together and slowly both the Pup and the Omega were asleep. Their scents finally calm when Vegas receives another phone call. This one surprised him even more than the first one.

It better be important. The Alpha said when he went out to take it in the hallway trying not to disturb the sleeping two.

It is. My brother told me everything. The voice on the line responded. And I know that both Pete and Macau are with you now Vegas. So if you want to keep them safe you must do what I tell you.

And why should I do that? There were just so many people aggravating the Alpha today. You didn't show a particular worry for either Pete or my brother before. Why now? How do I know you won't betray me?

Because, Vegas I could care less about your feelings. He was so ready to hang up the phone. But I care for Pete and by extension Macau. It means I have to work with you, which I hate as much as you do, believe me.

That's fair. Vegas hated his cousin too. But he did want to protect the ones he loved.

What is your plan? He asked.

Tomorrow my family will announce that my Pa died... And that did surprise him. Of course, his Uncle had an ulterior motive for everything. And I bet your Pa will try something. I need you to come with him.

How do I know that if I come I will not be killed on the spot? Vegas asked. He really didn't want to leave Pete and Macau alone.

I cannot promise you that, Vegas. His cousin sighed. But I know you seem to care for both of those in danger. And even though I hate you, losing your loved ones would probably push you to become completely unhinged. And I cannot risk that.

The Alpha thought about it. Through the open door, he could see Pete and Macau sleeping peacefully. Even if he never came back from The Main Family mansion if they were safe Vegas wouldn't regret it.

Hello, Vegas?? Are you still there? Vegas suppressed the urge to throw his phone into the nearest wall.

Yes. I agree with your plan. Now tell me the rest of it... The Alpha wouldn't get any sleep that night so he just closed the bedroom doors and went into the living room.

Okay, it starts with you... His cousin started to explain his plan in a single detail.