Match.

It's been 10 days since Shubman and Sara made their families meet and currently Shubman was in Ahmedabad for the IPL season. Tomorrow is his first match as a captain and he was pretty nervous with a lot of excitement filled in him.

He has just returned from his last practice session for tomorrow's GT vs MI match. He got fresh and then went down with KP to have dinner. Soon the dinner was completed and he came back in room.

He first called his mom and talked with her and then called Sara.

"Hi bubs. How was the practice session."

"It was pretty good and I am exhausted now."

"Ohh did you have dinner?"

"Yep went down with KP and had it. You?"

"Me too. How are you bubs. I miss you soo much."

"Miss you too baby, please stay calm don't make it difficult for me. Whenever we will have our match in Mumbai I will definitely come to see you."

"I know. Leave it. So how's the captaincy taking a dominancy over your feelings?"

"I don't know honestly. I am very nervous but a lot excited too but I think I have confidence over my team."

"Yes that's what you need. You can do it Shub. Don't be nervous, we will always be there for you. Wait but why am I saying this. You have the match with MI where my brother and Baba are present. Oh god kis samasya mai daal diya mujhe."

"Haha for now you have to support me kal stands mai unko krlena."

"Ofcourse baby always you. Haha."

"So how's everyone at home?"

"They are good and Arjun to is with you only."

"Ya I met him although we couldn't talk like much since the cameras are recording everything but I will meet him soon."

"Yaa even Baba will join you guys tomorrow. All the very best Shubi. Whether you get it or not we will always be proud of you."

"Thank you Sara. I love you."

"I love you too bubs. For now you should sleep you have a big day tomorrow."

"Ya good night. Dream of me."

"Ofcourse I will haha..who do I even have to dream about."

"Ya byee."

"B-byee."

Sara smiled to herself after keeping the phone and hit her head with the phone. She had confidence in him like he is gonna win the tomorrow's match even though she could not support him openly she was supporting him by heart.

Shubman finally sighed after keeping the phone as he was already missing her and being lost in her thoughts he slept for the next big day.

The next morning, it was the match day. Shubman received a sweet message from Sara and all his family members. Even Anjali Mam had wished him all the best. He felt blessed to have such an amazing family with him.

He quickly got fresh and everyone in the team met again for the practice session. The day went by quick and it was 7 already. Time for the toss. Shubman flipped the coin but unfortunately it went in the favour of MI team.

Gujarat Titans had to bat first and Shubman got ready for the opening with Saha Bhai. Hardik Pandya bowled the first over from MI and they started hitting the ball.

Ofcourse Shubman got out early but the team showed their efforts and they could score a decent score of 168. Mumbai Indians had to score 169 for the win.

Shubman could see his mother, father and sister supporting him in the stands and he felt very light after getting all this support. Their bowling line didn't work much in the start but at the end they got wickets and MI couldn't win the match making GT the winner for today's match.

He was ecstatic. His teammates congratulated him and everyone. All in all it was one happy moment. Shubman's first match as a captain was a win for him.

After the prize ceremony Shubman returned back to the hotel with his team and got bear hugs from his family. His mother kissed his cheek and he laughed. His father was proud of him. Many years ago he had brought Shubman to the stands to watch the match and now see Shubman was standing there representing his team as a captain.

Shubman's struggle had given him the prize for which he neglected his childhood and only focussed on cricket. Shubman was proud of himself. He knew this is just the starting and there are many more matches to come. It's not like they were gonna win each n every win but he had hopes. One can always have hope and belief in themselves right.

Shubman had dinner with his family and finally he retreated to his room. As soon as he laid on the bed he received a call from Sara.

"I am soo proud of you baby. I knew you will bag this. Soo happy."

"Thank you baby but aren't you sad that your team lost."

"I am but I am more happy that my man proved his worth. Your captaincy was legit babe."

"Really? You saw the match?"

"Ofcourse baby how will I miss your match and that too first as a captain?"

"Ya. So my reward?"

"Reward. Hmm what do you want?"

"You know what I want."

"Shut up you pervert. Kabhi to kuch alag soch liya kro uske alawa."

"Aree kya maine to bas ek chocolate manga tha. Tum kya sochne lagi. Haww Sara you dirty minded girl."

"Shub. You are very bad."

"Acha abhi I am bad. I never said that I want 'that.' Waise I don't have any problem ha if you want you can give me 'that.'"

"Shut up Shub. Abhi to you won't get any reward. Huh!"

"Achha meri maa sorry. Switch to video na?"

"No no now why will I? You will tease me again."

"I won't baby I promise."

"I don't trust you but okay."

Shubman laughed at her as soon as he could see her face and she flared her nose in anger.

"See this is why I don't trust you."

"Acha sorry baba. I won't now. This time pakka."

"Soo had dinner?"

"Yep. With mummy papa and Shahneel. You know they were so happy."

"Yaa I saw it on the GT official page."

"Hmm. You had yours?"

"Yep while watching the match."

Like this they continued talking until Sara saw that Shubman had fallen asleep while talking to her. She smiled to herself and clicked his pic. She kissed him over the phone and cut the call wishing for his success.

_________________________________
Disclaimer This story is just a fanfiction and nothing related to personal life of our leads.

Please vote, comment and follow.

There are some things which I want to discuss with you all. If you have ever noticed many people vote only on the chapters which have mature content. It is so hurtful. We writers write these stories with so much hardwork for you all but still the chapter which does not contain mature content gets much less views and less vote.

This is not fair. Please look into this matter.

Thank you.

🫧💗