Alive!?

"What is it tell me? My child what damn it?"

"Mr Gill calm down. Your child is alive, she is a girl but the problem is she is a premature baby. We have to keep her in the NICU. For a few days until she develops her lungs and other body organs we have to keep her in observation and you cannot touch her you can just see her. Rest all the details I will explain when Mrs Gill wakes up."

"Doctor please is she okay?"

"Yes Mr Gill don't worry. It's just that we have to keep her in observation. New born babies catch infections very fast so you can't touch them and moreover she is premature she is yet to develop her organs. But it's also very risky we cannot guarantee you whether she will be able to survive or not but we will try our best."

As the doctors went away Shubman sighed, his eyes already in tears imagining the pain his baby has to go through.

Sachin approached Shubman and kept a hand on his shoulder. Shubman immediately turned back and hugged him crying.

"Baba meri bacchi. Abhi is duniya mai aayi hai aur abhi se use itna sehna pad raha hai. Mai usse nahi dekh paunga. Mai Sara ko kya jawaab dunga? Why is god so cruel to only us?"

"Shubman calm down beta. Our baby is fine she just has to fight for her life which I am sure she will afterall mere do sabse strong bacchon ki beti hai na woh. Aur Sara ko yahi batana ki tumhari beti bohot strong hai. We are all with you Shubman. And god is kind nothing will happen to anyone okay."

Shubman nodded his head and wiped his tears. It was time for him to be strong and be there for his family.

Just then a nurse came and informed them that Sara is awake.

"Sir Mrs Gill is awake but you can meet her one by one only."

The family members asked Shubman to go ahead and he went. When he opened the door Sara looked at him with tears in her eyes and Shubman smiled. He knew she just needed a hug to be okay.

He went to her bed and caressed her hair and kissed her forehead.

"Hi my strong girl. You are so strong you survived this."

"Shub..Shub it pained a lot. I was so so scared for our baby. Baby? Where is my baby? Shub woh yaha kyu nahi hai?"

"Shh Sara calm down baby, our baby is okay it's just woh premature hai isliye she is in NICU. Doctors will explain to you the latter part for now just calm down and tell me what you were feeling?"

"Tum jhoot nahi bol rahe na?"

"No baby why will I lie. Acha listen."

He explained to her whatever the doctors had said and then looked at her who was a crying mess now.

"I want to see our baby."

"Sara shh. You know she is a very strong girl. She fought for her life just like you did. She just has to fight a little more and then she will be ours. And we will see her very soon okay."

Shubman helped her in sitting and immediately Sara hugged him.

"You know I felt as if I was going to die the pain was too much. And tum nahi the waha kitna bura laga pata hai. But thank god our baby is safe mujhe bas usse dekhna hai Shub please le chalo mujhe."

The doctors came in and they both separated while their family looked at them and smiled.

"Good evening Mrs Gill. You and your daughter both of you are very very strong. We will let you see her very soon but first you have to get recovered. The stitches are still fresh so don't make any harsh movements okay."

"Ok but please can you atleast show me her photo or something I can't live without watching her. Itne pass hoke bhi woh itni dur hai mujhse."

Shubman held Sara's hand and nodded in no.

"Mr Gill will you come with us? We will show you your baby and then you can click here pictures and show it to Mrs Gill."

He looked at Sara and she nodded and then Shubman went away with the doctors while Sara's family quickly hugged her.

When Shubman was brought to the NICU he was handed over a mask to wear and then he saw his baby, very very tiny baby whose body was covered with hospital equipments. His eyes became moist as he looked at her through the glass.

Her body was pale and she was on oxygen. He touched the glass and blew a flying kiss to her. Quickly taking out his phone he took her pictures as the baby was sleeping.

When he came out he sighed and the doctors assured him about the baby's health. He then went to Sara's room and showed her pictures to everyone. Everyone was in tears looking at the baby who was really very weak, her bones were visible.

After some hours Sara's family decided to leave and bring food for both of them. They asked Shubman to go and get fresh but he refused to leave Sara's side.

When it was night Sara's family was forcefully sent back home and even Shubman's who came almost around 8 because only one person was allowed to stay Sara woke up.

She saw Shubman who was sleeping in a sitting position. She tried to move but it was hard.

"Shub."

His eyes jerked open and he looked at Sara.

"I am sorry I didn't want to wake you up but can you please pass me some water."

He nodded and made her drink the water.

"Tumne abhi team mai se kisiko nahi bataya na?"

"Oh no I forgot."

"It's okay kal batadena waise bhi abhi bohot raat ho gayi hai."

"Hmm how are you feeling now?"

"I am good. But I am also cold."

He smiled and covered her with a blanket. Sara held her hands towards him and he took them in, rubbing them slowly providing her the warmth.

He kissed her hands at regular intervals still rubbing them.

"Still cold baby?"

"Hmm a little bit, it will be okay if you hug me."

She demanded sweetly and he smiled immediately pushing himself a little to hug her.

"You are very strong Sara. My strong girl. You know you were so much in pain and yet you just kept asking to save our baby. God is kind, she will be with us very soon. Hmm."

"Hmm I know. I love you."

"I love you too baby."

The next morning when Shubman woke up he was greeted with the sight of his family chirping around Sara making her eat and taking care of her. He smiled feeling blessed to have such a great support from both the sides.

That's when the doctors came in and said something which again shocked all of them to the core.

"Mr Gill there is a problem."
__________________________________
Disclaimer: This story is just a fanfiction and nothing related to personal life of our leads.

As promised here is the new chapter, just because you guys completed the target very early, love you. Ab ye wala bhi krdena🫠💗💗.

Again a cliffhanger🫠, I am sorry but I have to do this for the story's sake, but still please vote, comment and follow.

Next update after 100+ votes and 100 followers.

Thank you.

🫧💗