Life.

"I..I am..I am pregnant."

Sara closed her eyes tight holding the hem of her dress in her fingers with her head down. Shubman who thought he heard something wrong chuckled.

"What..haha Sara baby nice joke. I know you love pranks but this is not the time for it we need to be serious."

"Shub please. Just believe me I am pregnant."

"Sara."

When Shubman saw tears in her eyes he understood that she was not lying. He looked at her, his senses getting numb as he stood there unable to process anything.

Dropping his bag on the floors he went and sat on the couch with his head in his hands while Sara just came and sat beside him.

"Aren't.. Aren't you happy?"

She spoke in the dead silence and suddenly he smiled. The realisation dawned upon him that he was going to be a father. His wide smile spread across his face and his dimples popped up.

"Oh my god, fuck yes I am going to be a father. We are going to be parents. Shit oh my god. Sara I am so happy."

He faced Sara and hugged her dropping kisses all over her face.

"Thank you thank you thank you so much baby. We..we parents. Oh my god. Aree chup kyu ho kuch toh bolo."

Sara smiled at him and took his hand keeping it on her stomach.

"Yes we are we are pregnant Shub. And I waited so long to tell you this. Finally. You are going to be a dad and me a mom."

But Shubman frowned, why would Sara hide this from him for so long.

"How far are you?"

"1 month."

"I am really happy baby, I can't wait to hold our baby in my hands."

"Yes."

"Why were you hiding this?"

"Shub..I have PCOS."

"So does it affect your health or our baby's health."

"Yes and that's why I was hiding this. It can be fatal to our baby. Mostly chances are of having a premature baby and if we don't take proper care either me or baby can die. When I got to know this I wasn't even able to speak and I was alone. You were on a tour. Then to confirm I went to the doctor but then she told me about the side effects of having a baby with PCOS. I can't even think of something happening to our baby let alone he comes into the world and then he is snatched away from us. I just can't handle it. The doctors told me to either take risk or abort it and I can't even do it. I have no idea how I am speaking right now but I just need to tell you that we can't afford to lose our baby whatever happens. I want you to promise me that you will save him whatever the situation might be. I need our baby here in the world."

She ended up in tears and he hugged her, himself trying to control his tears. He held her face as he made her look at him.

"I am so sorry Sara I was not here when you needed me the most. I even left you when you were not well. I am so sorry baby. I am so sorry."

Sara nodded in no, and kissed him.

"Let's just forget everything and start afresh with the news of our yet to arrive baby. I am so happy Shub, I have even started thinking about the baby's names."

"Yes we will think about it. But have you told this to anyone else?"

"Yes Maa knows about this, I mean Anjali maa. She was the one who made me understand the importance of being a mother and how motherhood feels."

"I love you Sara. Thank you for making me so happy. And I promise you both you and our baby are going to be fine and after 8 months we will be happily holding our baby in our hands."

"Thank you Shub. I need nothing else but just your support."

"I know let's tell this to our family. I am sure they are gonna be on cloud nine."

"Hmm you call them."

As Shubman called everyone and shared the news they were delighted. Though worried about Sara's health they decided to live in the present and enjoy whatever god was providing them with.

After the days of separation when she finally got the warmth of his body she fell asleep in his arms.

Shubman looked at her sleeping properly making her lay down he laid beside her. Stroking her hair he caressed her stomach.

"Thank you Sara for bringing this happiness into my life. I know I shouldn't have gone away leaving you like that but I promise I won't ever leave you again ever. And I also know that whatever may happen I won't let anything happen to both of you yet if there is a situation where I have to choose between you both I will choose you Sara. You are my life and I can't ever imagine living a life without you."

He whispered over her head and then kissed her head. His eyes scanned her, she was looking pale. Maybe due to their fight.

"I will not fight with you again."

The fatigue of all the matches started creeping in him and he slowly fell asleep.
_________________________________
Disclaimer: This story is just a fanfiction and nothing related to the personal life of our leads.

I know this update is not upto the mark but I am really not well. I still updated because many of you are waiting for it. If I feel like changing this chapter I will buy for now this is it.

I know I am not going to receive a great response on this chapter which will hurt me but I can't even say anything to you guys.

Still I hope you like it, please vote, comment and follow.

Thank you.

🫧💗