Birthday.

"Shub it's night let's sleep na I am tired by the day's roaming."

"As you say baby."

Shubman turned off the tv and they both went to sleep. As Sara turned towards the clock it was 11 and Shubman was perfectly asleep. Very carefully she came out of his hold.

Going downstairs Sara took out all the things she had bought for him and did the decorations which were not very extravagant but very simple which she for sure knew that he would love it.

As she looked at the room  satisfied her eyes again fell on the clock, it was just 10 mins to 12. She rushed upstairs and changed herself. Covering herself with the robe she went to him.

"Shub baby wake up."

Being a light sleeper his eyes fluttered open at her fourth call and he blinked his eyes.

"Hmm kya hua?"

"Mere saath niche chalo na I need to drink water and it's dark and I am scared."

"Sara seriously. I know you don't get scared ab jao ya wait jana kyu hai yaha paani hai to."

Sara's eyes shut tight as she anyhow wanted to take him down and her plan was clearly failing.

"Shub please mujhe thanda paani Pina hai aur ye garam hai aur kya tum mere liye neeche bhi nahi AA sakte?"

Shubman huffed. Pyaar mai logo ko kya kya karna padta hai. He slid his blanket aside and sat up.

"Chalo meri maa."

Sara laughed and they made their way down. Everything was dark, Shubman held her hand and they entered the kitchen.

"Acha Mera haath chodo aur yaha ruko I will be back."

Shubman confused left her hand and wondered, agar akele Jana tha to mujhe kyu uthaya. Just as Sara went away he felt a tap on his shoulder. He quickly turned back but none was there and he couldn't even find the switch to the light.

"Sara was that you?"

"Sara. Listen baby it's not the time to play pranks on me."

"Sara."

His voice echoed in the room but Sara never answered. Just as he found the lights and switched them on,

"Happy Birthdayyyyy."

He looked surprised, he was sure he heard a lot of voices but he could only see Sara there.

"Aeyy birthday. What's the date?"

"Shub don't be a fool. It's 8th."

"Ohh yes I completely forgot. Ohh shit, and thank you baby."

He said as he moved towards her taking in the efforts she had done for him, just as he was about to hug her she kept a hand in them slightly blushing.

"What Sara now I can't even hug.."

Sara turned his face towards the laptop screen and realisation dawned upon him that they were not alone. He smiled wide looking at his family sitting there smiling at him.

"Happy Birthdayy Shubiii."

"Thank you so much guyss."

Keart: Happy birthday mere ladle.

"Thank you Maa."

Lakhwinder: Happy Birthday Shub beta.