Lost.

"Shub what if this flight makes me feel nauseous?"

"I will handle you Sara."

"And what if I feel very hungry but they don't have enough food for me?"

"I will get food for you from anywhere Sara."

"And what if I feel like punching Abhi because he is irritating me?"

"Then punch him Sara no one's stopping you."

"And what if this flight cras..."

"Don't. Don't speak a word ahead of this."

Shubman's eyes filled with anger as he guessed what Sara was about to say. Sara got scared and moved back and upon watching her he relaxed.

"Sara. Please don't speak bullshit baby. No one's gonna be dying or there will not be any shortage of food for you here. You can do whatever you want and I won't stop you I promise just don't say all these things. You are too precious for me to lose so please."

"Accha sorry na. Abhi kuch khaneko order kro na I am hungry."

Sara spoke clinking her arms with Shubman and resting her head on his shoulder while he held her waist.

"I will don't worry. And also sleep for a while you are up since 6 and we have a really long flight ahead."

"Acha wait I will sleep. Don't order food right now I will have it later."

"As you say."

Sara pushed the armrest up and laid her head on his lap pushing her feet to the window side. Shubman had specifically asked to book a three row seat for them so that Sara could rest her feet and does not get exhausted.

As she slipped into a peaceful slumber he covered her with the blanket and then focused on the probable playing 11 for the matches with one hand patting her head.

Shubman glanced at her, her baby bump was visible through the blanket. He smiled, how happy and delighted he felt to look at the bump he couldn't even express it in words.

"Bhai bhabhi so rahi kya?"

"Hmm aur dheere baat kr na kitna zor zor se chilla raha hai Abhi."

"Acha sorry na. Yrr tu itna care krta hai bhabhi ki I am so proud. Meri parwarish kahi toh kaam ayi chalo."

Shubman looked at him with wtf eyes and he laughed.

"Koi na yrr thank you baadme bol diyo. Pata hai yeh polo tshirt kitni jachti hai tere pe isliye papa ne mujhe bhi bola polo pehniyo."

"Hmm dikh toh accha raha hai tu."

"Haa bhai pata hai X pe trending chal rahe hai hum like the most handsome opening pair. Kya sahi bol rahe hai."

"Ha ha thike yeh X wex chod aur jaa jake baith ja itni zor se badbad kr raha hai Sara uth gayi toh dekhlunga tujhe."

"Hatt saale abhi bhi waisa hi hai tu. Gadha."

Abhishek giggled like a kid and ran away from there while Shubman smiled. How far they have come. From the U-12 days to playing domestic cricket for Punjab then U-19 and now Abhishek's international debut.

He was so proud of his journey so far, Abhishek deserved every bit of this. As he again pondered upon the team, his headache started as he was not able to process the team. So many openers and so many bowlers.

Deciding to quit this for the time he switched on his headphones and connected them to his Ipod vibing on the Punjabi songs.

Soon they landed in Harare, Zimbabwe and the team was alloted there rooms. As soon as Sara reached the bed she fell on it and slept while Shubman kept looking at her with wide mouth.

He later decided to let her sleep as she was tired. He removed her shoes and also cleaned her make up. She was wearing tracks with a simple shirt so clothes were not a problem.

The three days passed in a jiffy and today was the day he would make his debut for team India as a captain. As he stood in the dressing room wearing his jersey ready to go to the toss he received her message to come and meet her outside.

He smiled and made his way out. Sara spotted him and hugged him as soon as he came closer while Shubman chuckled and hugged her back.

"I know you are very nervous but trust me there's nothing to worry about. Whatever may the situation be whether we won or we lose it doesn't matter cause our baby and me will support you forever. Okay."

Shubman nodded with little tears in his eyes and pecked her lips while she smiled. After her small pep talk he made her sit on her place and again made his way to the team.

"I wish aaj Virat Bhai ya Rohit Bhai yaha hote mujhe atleast samjhane ke liye ki mai kya kru. I miss you bhaiyyas."

Shubman muttered under his breath but immediately composing himself he headed for the toss. In our favour we won it and decided to bowl first.

Zimbabwe got some pretty 70 in the first 10 but later our bowlers showed their charisma and they were restricted on 115 in 20 overs.

Shubman couldn't be more proud of his bowling attack but yet it seemed like they gave away some extra runs in the last two overs but having faith upon his team he opened up with Abhishek.

Wickets kept falling but Shubman stood firm on his place. He looked at Sara and she gave him a flying kiss making his heart flutter.

Even after trying his best Shubman got out on 31, the highest from the Indian batters and as expected we lost the match.

Shubman was devastated but still keeping his attitude composed he gave the post match interview while Sara waited for him. She knew he would be so disheartened right now.

After everything when they finally reached the hotel room Sara firstly hugged Shubman after he sat on the bed. He held her waist his face resting on her belly and let his tears out.

Sara who was equally emotional shed tears with him. When he calmed down she kissed his head.

"Today was just not our day baby yet you played so well. Your captaincy was fabulous. And me and our baby are still so proud of you. We will bounce back stronger in the next game okay."

"Yes I will forward both of you."

He whispered and kissed her belly. Letting him hug her she sat on his lap while he kept clinging to her holding her strongly in his grip.

When he calmed down fully she ordered them food and fed him with herself. Just the day was bad, was all she kept whispering in his ears making him smile.

Shubman, when spent some time talking to their baby felt happy. Deciding to let go off the bad day he freshened up and then they both slept.

___________________________________
Disclaimer: This story is just a fanfiction and nothing related to personal life of our leads.

Today was just not our day guys, we lost. Shubman stood tall like a statue yet fate didn't favour him and I am quite sad about that. But I know our boys will bounce back stronger. Let's hope for the best.

Also I updated as soon as the target was completed. The next chapter will be posted when the Zimbabwe series will be over so until then 100+ giving you guys plenty of time. Hope you do it.

Also please don't make me beg for comments guys like please 😭😭😭. There are almost 1k read on every chapter and very less comments. Please follow me and comment and don't forget to vote

Thank you.

🫧💗