Captain.

One fine day Shubman came back from the practice holding his kit and entered their house with the spare key. Whistling to himself he held the packet of Jalebis close which he had bought for her.

But he was shocked to see the state of the house. It was bad, all the cushions were spread here and there while it seemed like some storm hit their house.

Panic sank in his heart and quickly keeping the Jalebis away he went to their room to search for Sara. He heaved a sigh of relief when he found her near her cupboard all straight and sound.

But he again frowned when he heard her mummer some incoherent things. He stepped in the room slowly avoiding stepping on the clothes and making them dirty.

"Baby?"

He said as he hugged her from behind resting his hand on her 5 month old belly only to get pushed back.

"Don't baby me and don't come near me unless you shower cause you stink and I cannot control that smell. Please go away."

He immediately stepped back and sighed.

"Ok as you say princess."

"Eww what's that name?"

He held bad, she never criticized him ever when he called her names but today was different.

"Umm a nickname maybe."

"Ya but I don't like it don't say that."

"Ok as you say."

"Now go fast na what are you doing here just looking at my face."

Scared, he ran in the washroom to take a shower. When he came back he saw her sitting on the bed with her face in her hands and seemed like she was mourning.

"Sara what happened baby? Why are you sitting like this?"

"Shub I am so sorry I stopped you from calling me princess. I know you felt bad and I am so sorry baby. I hurt you."

Shubman chuckled. He sat beside her hugging her and she hid her face in his neck.

"I am not hurt baby, you can never hurt me. I know you must be having your own reasons and I am not even asking about them. It's just don't be sad, and share whatever is bothering to me."

"Nothing I was just trying to hunt my red dress which I wore on the 14Feb day you remember? Where I wrote it's love day."

His mouth opened wide shocked, she turned the whole house upside down only to find a dress.

"What? And you did all this for that dress? Why were you even finding that dress?"

"Cause I wanted to surprise you. I wanted to look sexy for you and give you a little surprise."

She said boldly and he was again shocked. Iss ladki mai itne guts aaye kaha se?

"Sara. I am glad that you thought of surprising me but what you did here was not right. You just turned the whole house up. You could have asked for my help or atleast the housekeeper's help."

"Oh shut up Shub. Tum nahi the yaha. Aur maine housekeeper ko chutti dedi thi, how would I even surprise you is she was present here."

"Ok ok sorry. But ab ye sab saaf toh mujhe hi krna padega na."

"Toh kro yahi tumhari saza hai mujhse aise baat krne ke liye. Ek toh mai itna accha surprise dene wali thi aur usko appreciate krne ke alawa you are scolding me. Chalo hato yaha se and now go and clean the house. I want everything perfect ek kapda bhi yaha waha nahi dikhna chahiye mujhe."

Shubman stood up from his place, shocked at how the tables had turned but having no choice he had to do what she said. Neither was there any help nor he could ask her to help in this condition.

Murmuring harmless curses at her he started folding all the clothes she had spread in the room. Once he was done he quickly cleaned the whole house and then taking a broom he cleaned their room.

Just when he was doing everything his phone rang.

"Shub come fast it's Ajit Agarkar sir."

"What why is he calling me?"

"Aree mujhe kya pata aao na baat kro."

Shubman came and took the call. He heard him speak and when he was done he just said yes and cut the phone.

"Kya hua? Kya bole?"

"That I am the captain of India for the Zimbabwe series."

"Whatttt????"

"Aree chilla kyu rahi ho?"

"Chillau nahi toh aur kya karu? Tum pagal ho? Itni badi opportunity aur tum usme khush bhi nahi ho? Ohh my god. Shub your hardwork paid off baby. You are the captain. I told you right, jab tumhara selection nahi hua tha for the world cup. I told you. I am so happy baby. So so happy and grateful for this opportunity. I love you."

She hugged shouting each n every word and he smiled. Yes, she was right. His hardwork had paid off and she was there with him this whole time.

"Aree kuch toh bolo. Aren't you happy? Mai toh abhi Baba ko phone krke bata rahi hu you also call papa no. How damn happy they will be."

"Sara Sara calm down. We will tell everyone okay."

He said pulling her down as she was jumping all the time out of joy. (Not literally jumping guys, just little excited).

"Kya hua Shub? I don't see you being happy on this news. It's such a great news."

"I know. I am. But it's just that I am scared. I will be leading a whole new bunch of guys. Some of them are debutants and some don't play regularly I mean we don't have any senior player with us. What if I lose and let my country down. I let you down? Papa, Baba, Virat Bhai, Rohit Bhai?"

He expressed his concerns and she heard it calmly.

"Shub look at me."

She said taking his face in her hands and making him face her.

"Shub. I believe in you. Whole nation believes in you. If not you then who? If not now then when? Ye yaad hai na? Even you were a debutant once and even Rohit Bhai and Virat Bhai but did their captains restrain them from playing? No na. Their captains trusted their players. Even you need to have trust in these players. And rahi baat about your captaincy, I am for sure telling you that you will emerge victorious. I don't need to say more cause I know you will do it."

"Thank you for understanding me Sara. I am so glad to have you by my side."

___________________________________
Disclaimer This story is just a fanfiction and nothing related to personal life of our leads.

Tada, here I am. Went on a break to clear out some things. But ya here's the chapter. Hope you like it.

Twist coming up ahead guys🌚, and to see that vote. Also we are stuck on 83 followers. I need to get it 90+ so that you guys can see the twist. And trust me it would be brainstorming.

Hope you do it, also don't forget to vote. 100+ and 90+ followers.

Thank you.

🫧💗