60.

Makenzie Parks

June 10, 2024Trenton Residence~~~

June 10, 2024
Trenton Residence
~~~

"Hi Makenzie!"

Ms. Althea squealed wrapping me in her warm embrace. I hugged back showcasing a smile before we released from the hug.

"Welcome to my family home," She boasted closing and locking the doors behind me. "My husband is away at the moment but that's even better! We can just have some time to learn more about each other."

"Sounds great."

Last night, Althea called and asked if I could meet up and have lunch with her. Of course I found it strange, but she seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me. I figured why not? I've only heard minimal things about the Miles family and I wanted to know why Shamir hated them. I know he's explained bits and pieces, but why not hear another side of the story?

"Come along to my champagne room."

I followed her across her beautiful two story home. It looked like something out of a magazine. I figured her home would be nice, you could definitely tell by the car she drove.

Which is a 2024 Mercedes G Class might I add.

We walked through her home until we landed in the Champagne room. It looked like my whole apartment in one space. Damn Sha, if I knew my family was balling like this I'd definitely try to be on everyone's good side.

"A glass for you," She handed me some champagne before putting a spread of snacks in front of us, "Feel free to take what you like."

"Thank you." I responded by taking a cube of cheese.

"So," Althea smiled sitting on the love seat across from me, "What do you wanna know? I know I questioned you a lot about Shamir so I feel it's only right you ask me questions."

"Sure I have a few." I reached down in my purse pulling out my notepad. I came prepared, there's a few things I really wanted to know. "I kind of figured how this conversation would go today and I wrote down a few personal questions. It's totally up to you to acknowledge the ones you want to."

Her face read uncertainty, but she exhaled flipping her bob length hair to the opposite side. I watched her take a sip of champagne before nodding her head in agreement.

"Go ahead, I can explain only what I know."

I nodded, "So first question, what's the story of Mr. Miles and Catresa?"

She choked on her wine before setting the glass on the table in front of us.

"You came out swinging," She chuckled nervously before responding, "Um to my knowledge he and his wife had separated for a few months and that's when he met Shamir mom. I don't know how true it is, but he explained to us that she was prostituting one night and he was under the influence so he forgot to use protection."