51.

Shamir Miles

April 9, 2023
Hotel
~~~

I opened my eyes feeling groggy as I forced myself to sit up. I scanned the room noticing Camari wasn't anywhere to be found. I pulled the covers off myself before stretching my body out. I stood to my feet noticing only my bags were here in the room now. I reached over grabbing my phone dialing Mari number on speaker phone.

"Yes?"

"Where are you?" I asked leaning against the wall.

"I'm almost in Memphis, what's up?"

"What's up? You that concerned bout that nigga that you decided to up and leave in the middle of the morning? That's aight."

I ended the call before she could even respond and began to pack up my clothes. This was our last day here anyways. So for her to rush and leave without us was unnecessary as fuck. It's all good though, but can't cap like this shit ain't bother me.
~~~

Camari Collins

A few hours later
Memphis, TN
~~~

"Isaiah?"

I called walking into the hospital room seeing his homeboys. Boola gave me a funny look while the others just ignored me altogether. I walked up to him seeing his eyes closed which bothered me so bad. I ran my hand down the side of his face before looking over at his friends.

"Has the doctor said anything?" I questioned causing Boola to kiss his teeth. He got up and walked right out the room ignoring everything I had said. Craig sighed before sitting up.

"He's in stable condition, they were able to remove the bullet successfully. He just doped up under medication right now but he was talking to us a few hours ago. He's gonna be okay."

"Thank you."

"Ain't you wit Sha? What are you doing up here?" Craig asked causing ManMan to side eye me.

"I am, but he doesn't run my life. I'm here to check on Foo. Is that okay with y'all?" I asked looking back and forth between the two.

"Not really, especially since it's your brother and Deonté at fault. You do know that right?" ManMan asked sitting up in his seat.

"Do y'all really believe Dee would do that? Come on out of all people Deonté? You gotta understand that he's not like that."

"So you saying it was your brother?" Craig asked.

"What? No! I know Marquez and he wouldn't shoot Foo. We've literally had conversations about this situation and we vowed to let it go so y'all should too. Please don't think it was nobody in my circle, Sha is literally still in Florida as we speak."

"Mhm, we've heard enough. If you know what's best I suggest you leave now." ManMan nodded towards the door.

I sighed taking a deep breath before leaning down to peck Foo cheek. I held his hand for a second before walking out the hospital room. As I turned the corner I ran right into Boola. He cornered me and I stared him in his eyes to show him I wasn't scared.

"Tell Sha, Dee and Quez to pick a casket. Since you niggas wanna play dirty we can get dirty. Death something you can't run from." He spat all up in my face.

"They didn't do it." I breathed heavily feeling my heart rate speed up.

"Don't give a fuck who did it, you a target too. Better go spend as much time as you can."

Boola pushed past me and I shook it off heading straight back to my car. I wasn't afraid of him, but he did ruffle my feathers a bit. Leaving Florida was a must, but now I know Shamir is pissed. I honestly just wanted to make sure Foo was okay. I hope I can get him to understand that so then maybe he won't be as angry.
~~~