17.

Makenzie Parks

November 8, 2023Jeyln House

November 8, 2023
Jeyln House.
~~~

"You take forever." Boola mumbled leaned against the sink putting on his watch.

"Babe, I don't wanna look a mess. I already ain't feeling it...I just look so big." I sighed fixing my eye lash that just wouldn't cooperate.

"You look great."

I looked at him, "You sounded so proper."

"Man whatever." He laughed, "So, who got Makel tonight?"

"Machai of course." I turned to face him.

I don't trust nobody with my son but Machai. I know that he'd never do anything to hurt him and Makel loves him to pieces. They're best friends and I wouldn't change that for the world.

"You ready now?" He asked and I nodded my head grabbing my purse. We cut the lights out before I grabbed his hand as we walked down the steps. We were just going out to dinner, and I appreciated that enough because I've been upset since the talk I've had with Shamir. It's been weighing heavy on me like a burden and then on top of that he still haven't spent any time with Makel.

I just wanted to have a relaxing day, enjoy my dinner and forget about the drama going on.

15 minutes later.

"See anything you like on the menu?" I asked and Boola shrugged.

"I'm more of a chicken tender typa' nigga. Not this steak and lobster ass shit. But for you, I'll find something." He looked up at me and I chuckled a bit.

"They got some baked chicken...maybe you should try that. The description makes it sound good." I explained staring at my menu, "I think I'm gonna get that."

"I'll get it too then." He sat back pushing his menu aside. "Aye, so what went down wit' you and Sha? Was he mad bout me being in the delivery room?"

I sighed, "It's a long story, but no he wasn't. He actually said to me and I quote 'okay'. Then he said a few other things and it led to us arguing and I brought up child support. I been thinking about putting him on it for a while, but I knew I wouldn't really benefit from it because he isn't on anyone payroll. But since he took me there, I am gonna file and put both of our kids on there. He won't have a choice but to find a job then because he'll go right back to jail if he don't pay."

"What I told you? Yeen' gotta beg this nigga to take care of his responsibilities. I swooped right in and started paying for the shit that needed to be done. If he actually gave a fuck 'bout his kids Kenzie he woulda been made an effort. Nigga been out of jail for three days now and ain't called and said shit. You think he worried bout y'all kids?"

"Right." I mumbled before feeling my eyes weld up with tears. "I gotta use the bathroom I'll be back."

I got up from the table waddling to the nearest bathroom. The tears began to fall as I pushed the door open. The bathroom was empty, so I had time to quickly get myself together. I used paper napkins to wipe the mascara that was running and clean my snotty nose. There's no way I should be this damn emotional...but honestly I'm just stressed and looking for a miracle.