27.

Shamir Miles

December 12, 2023Home~~~

December 12, 2023
Home
~~~

"Sha you listening?"

"Mhm."

I nodded blowing smoke from my mouth. I kept zoning out, my mind been doing backflips since the other night. A nigga really just tryna keep himself together, cause I don't like having breakdowns and shit. It's bad enough I had one, but I'm glad it was around someone I feel comfortable with. Really been smoking nonstop to keep myself from losing it.

"You straight bit?" Machai asked causing me to snap out of it.

"Mhm."

Camari, Deonté, Machai and Marquez were all sitting in the room with me. Everybody was just chilling and talking amongst each other without any extra bullshit for once. Mac and Q even kept it cordial, I guess they both realized it just ain't the right time for no bullshit.

"You been saying mhm all day, you can tell us if you're not okay bro. That's what we're here for. We just wanna cheer you up." Deonté spoke and I nodded my head.

"Preciate it." I rubbed my eyes slouching down a bit more in my seat, "What was the conversation I'm sorry?"

"We was just reminiscing on high school. Mari had brought up that time we was under the stairs smoking when the principal put the school on lockdown." Mac explained and I nodded.

"Yeah...yeah, we busted outta school that day didn't it?" I asked joining in on the conversation.

"Yeah, we hopped in Mac car since gang was the only one with a whip at the time, and we went to the gas station and posted up with some bitches." Quez grinned.

Mari laughed, "If I'm not mistaken that was the day you met Alexis right?"

I nodded, "Yeah she was wit them girls and I saw her and was like she pressure."

"But you never said nothing, cause remember Quez was all in her face. He kept asking for her number and she was acting all shy and shit. How'd you end up with her number though I forgot?" Mac asked and I chuckled a bit.

"I think we was getting ready to leave and she said something like 'I like your tattoo'. Ya know a nigga was grinning cause I had been checking her out the whole time. I told her sum' like 'preciate it' and she asked me something else. All I remember is asking for them digits and the rest is history." I shrugged.

"It was always this nigga, everywhere we went a bitch was in Sha face." Quez kissed his teeth.

"For real." Deonté laughed agreeing.

"Cause they like them chill niggas." I smirked.

"Nigga gone, you a lightskin ass nigga with curly hair. That's all they wanted in school."

I kissed my teeth, "Cap, and I ain't even lightskin bruh I'm papersack brown. I'm like a shade lighter than you. And my curls be platted up most of the time dickhead."