19.

Makenzie Parks

November 12, 2023Home

November 12, 2023
Home.
~~~

"Your face is all that I see, I'll give you everything, Baby love me lights out, Baby love me lights out, You can turn my lights out." I sang in the mirror curling my hair.

"I love you like XO, You love me like XO." Boola sang over FaceTime.

"You kill me boy XO, You love me like XO." I sang before bursting out laughing. "Babe not you learned the song. I'm so weak at you right now."

"Bruh you play that shit everyday." He laughed looking at the game.

"Cause I love Beyoncé duh." I grinned, "You ain't even tell me my makeup look good or nothing."

"Put yo face back in the camera."

I leaned over so he could see my face.

"Ooh baby you look so good. But yeen even need no makeup. You just going to meet that bum ass baby daddy. He shouldn't get no special treatment. You only look like that for me." Boola said before looking back at the game.

"I ain't doing it for him, trust. I just wanna look good in public. I just had a baby and this belly still ain't went down so I'm feeling insecure." I sat the curling iron down leaning my head aside.

"You beautiful ma."

"Thanks baby." I half smiled, "I'm getting ready to head out. I'll call you when I'm on the way to your house okay?"

"Bet."

We hung up the phone and I fixed my hoodie. I cut the bathroom lights out before heading into the bedroom to check on Machai and the kids.

"You got it Mac? I shouldn't be gone too long." I said causing him to nod.

"We're good Makeio ain't no crybaby like Kel was."

"Not too much on my baby." I laughed, "I'll be back. Call you later."

"Okay, be careful!"
~~~

"Hello." I spoke to Shamir who was sitting on the park bench smoking.

"Wassup, wanna hit dis?" He asked tryna pass the blunt.

"No thanks." I pursed my lips, "Why'd you want to meet at the duck pond? Did you at least bring some bread so I could feed em?"

"Man no, they ain't eating off my dime." Sha kissed his teeth, "Plus, ween' here to feed no damn ducks anyways. We 'posed to be talking right? This place just quiet as fuck and nobody 'round to hear us if we get loud. I ain't got time for the public embarrassment."

"Whatever so let's talk, I have other places to be." I scoffed getting up from the bench. I picked up a handful of rocks before launching them one by one into the lake.