7.

Shamir Miles

June 18, 2023Home~~~

June 18, 2023
Home
~~~

"Happy Fathers Day!" Makenzie yelled walking in the apartment. I laughed at the tiny balloon Makel was holding before picking him up and pecking his forehead.

"Aww man, preciate it." I smiled.

"We just stopped by to give you a few gifts." Kenzie said handing me three gift bags. I took them from her and nodded.

"Preciate it."

Makenzie nodded, "Makel, we gotta get ready to go okay? Tell Dada you'll see him later babes."

"No."

"Where y'all finna go?" I asked as Makel played with my chain.

"Just out shopping, nowhere in particular really." She leaned against the door. I looked her up and down before shaking my head.

"Why you all dressed up?"

"This isn't dressed up." She laughed doing a little spin.

"Yeah okay, well can't you just let me spend some time with him today? We ain't gotta leave the house and the streets ain't even talking bout the party right now. Everything is calm fa' now." I licked cross my bottom lip.

"Um," She hesitated, "Okay, but just for a few hours alright? Kel, Mommy will be back to get you later."

"Alright, see you later."

"Okay." She waved walking out the house. I closed and locked the door before looking at Makel. If he don't look just like Makenzie man.

"It's just us twin."
~~~

Makenzie Parks

Mall
~~~

"Hey babes." I smiled hugging Boola. He hugged me back tightly as we met up in the parking garage.

"You look good." He licked his lips, "But um, where lil shorty at?"

"Shamir."

"Oh." He threw his arm around my shoulder. We began walking into the mall and I felt so nervous. I hadn't been out in public with a nigga since Kash was alive. Everybody knows each other in Memphis, and if word get around that I'm hanging out with Kash homeboy my reputation is fried.