31.

Camari Collins

December , 2023Sha Apartment

December , 2023
Sha Apartment.
~~~

"What're you wearing?" Marquez questioned as if he was disgusted.

"Clothes." I rolled my eyes, "I'm wearing a black hoodie over this."

"Tell me sum, cause I knew you wasn't finna leave this house half naked. Especially not to no damn funeral. Ain't no fucking way boy." He fixed his shirt stepping back in the mirror.

"Whatever son, where ya brother?" I asked grabbing his black hoodie out the closet.

"In his room, the door locked though so I don't know what he on. Don't go in there fucking with him we don't know how hes grieving."

I kissed my teeth leaving Q bedroom heading to Sha. I knocked on the door a couple of times before waiting patiently for a response. Nothing happened so I used my bobbi pin to pick the lock. I walked in the room and closed the door behind myself. Sha was on the edge of the bed fully dressed holding his phone.

"Hey, you ain't hear me knocking?" I asked sitting next to him.

"Uh yeah," He scratched his head, "I was just checking in with Lex and making sure everything was set up."

"Bet." I nodded, "Well what you think about my outfit?"

"You ain't got no clothes on." Sha said looking at me.

"Bye acting like your brother." I laughed before pulling the hoodie over my head. "How you feel about this though?"

"Much better." He nodded.

I could see the hurt all in his eyes honestly. I wanted to try and lighten the mood, but we haven't even started the funeral yet. I didn't know what the hell to do, but I just wanted to keep him smiling.

"After the funeral, how about we make them funnel cakes? You know you been asking bout them and I bought the mix." I stood up and he shook his head.

"Nah that's okay."

"Wassam." Quez bursted in the room in his all black fit. "Can't tell a nigga he ain't clean."

"You're the only person I know who buys a new fit for a funeral." I nudged Q head.

"Hush nigga." He nudged me back.

Sha reached over grabbing his water bottle taking a sip. He set it aside and rubbed his hands together as he tried to smile.

"Y'all crazy." He chuckled, but Q and I both knew he was hurting so bad. I could see tears welding up in his eyes and Q ran to his side before I could.

"Aye." Q threw his arm around Sha shoulder, "It's gon be aight fam."

"Fasho." Sha nodded trying his hardest not to shed a tear. I sat on the opposite side of him laying my head on his shoulder. "Y'all I'm straight."

"We know, we just letting you know we love you." I mumbled grabbing his hand.