CH | 10

"Is he Ishaan Malhotra?" As soon as the thought struck her mind, Mayra felt extremely troubled, because who in Mumbai didn't know the power and wealth of the Malhotra Enterprises?

Who hadn't heard of Ishaan Malhotra and the way he miraculously multiplied the Malhotra enterprises' financials from several billion to trillions in just a few years after he took the position of the CEO?

But most people didn't know how he looked because he was low-key and a mysterious man.

Moreover, she could almost discern that he was the same man upon judging how wealthy he is.

Because how many Ishaan Malhotra's were present in Mumbai who could match up to him?

Ishaan could literally shake the city by just lifting his little finger, let alone her, an abandoned daughter of a wealthy family with a sick brother, who had nothing to rely on except herself!

With that, she was even more determined to not have any connections with Ishaan because who knew how she would end up once she successfully offended him?

Escaping from her family's wrath was enough burden for her, and she definitely didn't need to add another one to the list!

She was jerked forward as the car came to a screeching halt, and her daze instantly broke down when she took a note of her apartment.

Seeing her slightly rustic and worn-out house, she took a deep breath and unlocked the door, but before she got down, she eyed Arnav and stated calmly, "Wait here for a few minutes."

But before he got a chance to say anything, she almost sprinted to her house leaving Arnav stunned, but what could he do except oblige Mayra's demands when his boss strictly ordered him to?

With a sigh, he tapped his foot lazily and scrolled through the emails on his mobile while wondering about what was going on with his boss and Mayra. But since it wasn't his place to meddle, he shut his thoughts and shook his head helplessly, because he knew Ishaan wouldn't like it when he was too involved in his private life.

However, to his utter bewilderment, Mayra came back in a flash and handed him a bag.

Eyeing it, a frown settled on his face, but his gaze finally settled on the contents of the bag.

Baffled would be an understatement because all he saw there was the dress Ishaan made him buy earlier and Ishaan's shirt, which he placed on her a while ago. For a second he didn't know how to react as that was way too unexpected for him!

"Ms. Kashyap?" That was all he could speak in such a state of shock, and Mayra winked at him and turned around, leaving him speechless!

But in the next minute, it hit him that his boss would skin him alive if he returned the bag to him, and he didn't know whether he should laugh or cry at his misery early in the morning!

With a huff, he shook his head disappointed, and drove away, all the while thinking of what explanation he should offer to his boss!

Poor him!!

...

Ishaan pinned her across the wall and his tall frame towered over her. His firm grip settled on her curvy waist, his hot citrus woody fragrance fanning on her pale cheeks making her weak in the knees. 

The intensity in his obsidian brown eyes kept her hooked, while the proximity was affecting her way too much than she would be okay with.

Eyeing his handsome face, Mayra gulped while a faint blush crept across her cheeks. When her stormy grey orbs noticed his Adam's apple bobbing, she felt hot all over her insides.