CH | 33

Ishaan tucked Mayra on his bed, and he quickly settled on the other side, while he was throwing occasional glances at her as he noticed she didn't even eat much and was way too quiet to his liking.

Because he was so used to her fierce attitude, he just couldn't take this silent Mayra anymore. But he knew she was upset. Disappointed maybe. He didn't know.

Although he wanted to have a talk with her, he wasn't sure if he wouldn't make it any worse for her than she was already feeling as he wasn't very good with all the personal talks.

However, he just couldn't control it and mumbled, "sleep, Kitten."

Mayra hummed, but she was staring at the ceiling as sleep was the last thing on her mind.

Eyeing her, Ishaan's eyes flickered in worry as it was really rare to see her all bottled up. With a sigh, he suddenly tugged her hand and made her fall on top of his chest.

His hand protectively wrapped around her tiny waist while she stared at him dumbfounded, her jaw dropped in shock as if she forgot how to react.

Ishaan smirked seeing the effect he had on her and the corners of his lips curled upwards ever so slightly, and he mumbled softly, "don't think much, little girl. Close your eyes and let sleep take over you."

"I...I'm just...ugh, I don't know," Mayra trailed off, not knowing how to say or what to say.

"Sh, Kitten. Just shut those emotions that are eating you from the inside." Ishaan whispered, while she peeped at his brown orbs and nodded, "I'm trying, Ishaan." With a slight pause, she added with fluttering eyes, "But, it was just so hard."

"I know, Kitten." Ishaan cooed and rubbed circles on her back, a little soothingly, trying to calm her as gently as he can. Because he was certainly not good at it.

But it seems his touch did help her as he observed the tension in her shoulders dropped, and he muttered while he placed a kiss on her temple, "will you be a good girl and sleep, Kitten? I may give you a reward if you did so in the morning."

"Will you?" Mayra asked although she had no idea why she was asking, and he hummed, while he whispered in her ear, his voice soothing her worries, "Can you do that for me, Kitten?"

"Alright," Mayra said and closed her eyes, but she didn't move away from his embrace as his cologne calmed her turmoil.

She didn't know why she was getting so comfortable with him. But it helped. His presence helped. And that was all that mattered as she wasn't in a proper state to even organize her thoughts.

While he was more than happy to oblige to her needs when she was so worried and upset.

After a while, he heard her soft breathing, and he released a breath he didn't know he was holding, while his hand enveloped her and he closed his eyes.

...

Ishaan suddenly woke up from his sleep and noticed his arms were empty. It took him a minute to realize there was no Mayra in the room.

A deep frown danced on his face, he growled, his voice raspy, "Kitten?"

With a sigh, he tossed the quilt aside and stood up. To his surprise, the bathroom was empty. It was then he looked that the balcony door was slightly ajar.

Hesitantly, he stepped out, only to see her lonely back, while Mayra was staring in the space, blankly. For a second, it got him worried and he couldn't control himself, although he didn't want to disturb her. He mumbled, "are you alright, Kitten?"

Mayra was in a daze and didn't hear him when he slowly got closer to her, and he rested his chin in the crook of her neck. With the sudden touch, a gasp escaped her lips while his hands were wrapped across her stomach, and his bare chest pressed onto her back.