CH | 55

Ishaan's hand rested on Mayra's small back when they walked to the restaurant and her cheeks were painted red with how much he teased her in the short car ride.

By the time they went into their reserved private chamber, Jaanvi, Tanuj, and Esha were seated on one side, and Ishaan and Mayra sat on the opposite side.

As soon as Ishaan's eyes landed on Tanuj, he lifted his brows and gave a meaningful glare, while Tanuj didn't back down.

On the other hand, Mayra was facing Esha, making the atmosphere between them super weird.

Jaanvi swept her eyes across the four, and she didn't know whether to laugh or cry but chose to remain silent until Mayra needed her assistance.

"What took you so long, Sweetie?" Tanuj asked casually, but they all knew he was eager to know what happened between Ishaan and Mayra in the car.

Hearing his words, Mayra snapped her head while her eyes widened, a look of disbelief settled on her face, and she pursed her lips into a thin line while her teeth sunk into her lower lip, but no words escaped her mouth.

"Don't get me wrong, Sweetie. I just want to make sure you are comfortable with him, you know? You can tell me if he misbehaved with you or anything." Tanuj said when his eyes focused on Ishaan while a frown danced on Mayra's face.

Ishaan had a smug smirk on his face and turned to Mayra, the wickedness in his onyx pools kept her on the edge while he asked lazily, "Is that so, Mayra? Did I trouble you?"

Mayra choked on her saliva while her ears and neck turned pink and she shook her head, "No, you didn't."

"Did you see that?" Ishaan said to Tanuj and Mayra added, her gaze focused on Tanuj, "Don't call me with such nicknames, Tanuj. Just call me by my name."

Tanuj felt as if a bucket of cold water was poured on his head. He opened and closed his mouth like a fish and managed to ask, "Why?"

"It makes me uncomfortable," Mayra stated firmly, giving no room for objections making Ishaan proud and Tanuj's face turned black.

Before they dwell into a heated conversation, thankfully, the waiter for the day showed up as she worried a war might break out between these two men.

Esha and Jaanvi were amused seeing the three, but they didn't comment on them and gave their orders.

Ishaan pulled Mayra a little closer to him, while Tanuj threw daggers at him, but he didn't care and asked coolly, "What do you want, Kitten?"

Mayra skimmed through the Spanish menu and it was all foreign to her, and an annoyed sigh escaped her lips with her indecisiveness. 

Seeing that, Ishaan placed his palm on her thigh and circled it to soothe her nerves and it did the trick almost instantly, while her breath hitched knowing what he was doing in front of all of them.

Mayra couldn't take it anymore and turned to Ishaan, and whispered in his ear, "Can you order for me?"

"Of course, Kitten. Anything for you." Ishaan mumbled while he held her hand and placed a small peck on her knuckles while his eyes settled on Tanuj as if he were making sure to let Tanuj know who was in charge here!

"You love Pasta, right, Kitten?" Ishaan said the last word slowly as she wouldn't like it when they heard what he called her.

She nodded while she licked her lips. Eyeing her actions, he couldn't help but curl the corner of his lips upwards and stated, "Creamy Gambas and zucchini casarecce pasta."

In the next second, Tanuj interrupted, "Mayra won't eat Prawns," 

A scowl danced on Ishaan's face as he wasn't too pleased with Tanuj hovering around them all the time.