CH | 12

Ishaan's words hit her hard, and her face turned as white as a sheet of paper, while her eyes went wide, and the pain on her chin caused by his pinch was long forgotten as the question reverberated in her mind, "Is he your lover?"

Instinctively she shook her head because she never admitted that she liked Tanuj, not even to Tanuj himself.

Then how can she admit that Tanuj was her lover when in fact they just met after three long years?

Seeing her response, Ishaan tilted his head and the faint smile dancing on his lips deepened while the glint in his pitch brown eyes turned mischievous, and he warned, "Don't lie to me, kitten."

"I'm not!" Mayra exclaimed because she was never the type to lie, and when Ishaan accused her of it, rage churned in her nerves.

"That's good then. But if you did lie, then you better pray to not get caught by me. Or else..." Ishaan stopped while his eyes gave a meaningful glare at Tanuj, and he turned to Mayra with a sharpness lurking in those beautiful pools, and the warning his eyes showed was clear to her.

But in the next second, it hit her, "why in the hell am I even answering to him?"

With that, she wriggled in his hold and yelled at him, "who are you to me, huh? What was in it to you even if he's my lover?"

Hearing her words successfully ticked him off and the veins of his handsome face turned blue in rage. However, his face still looked calm, and she wondered, "to look so breathtaking even when in rage, maybe it was only possible for Ishaan!"

Although she was amused seeing him jealous of her, somewhere deep in her heart, she feared him.

With that, she struggled to get away from his hold, and at the same moment Tanuj walked up to them and stated firmly, "Leave her."

Listening to his words, Ishaan chuckled. 

Mayra swallowed the words that were on the tip of her tongue, while her eyes flickered between Ishaan and Tanuj.

However, Ishaan didn't let her go. Instead, he traced her flushed cheeks with his knuckles ever so softly and undid her high bun with his other hand, letting her silky hair flow freely with the breeze.

She was stunned would be an understatement, while her grey orbs settled on the menacing gleam dancing in his eyes, and he said calmly, "Tell him to stop right there."

As soon as words escaped his mouth, her mouth dropped in shock, and she retorted, "Why would I do that?"

With a light pause, "Do you think I'm nuts? Let me go, Ishaan!" Mayra stressed and tried to go away since he didn't hold her captive in his hold. But his next words made her rooted on the spot, "You don't want him to know about the passionate nights we spent together. Now, do you?"

Hearing his words, panic rushed to her head because she definitely didn't want Tanuj to know about that.

Even though she couldn't be with Tanuj, she didn't want Tanuj to misunderstand her or think of her as if she was a slut.

With that, she licked her dried lips in worry and stared at Ishaan as if he had gone crazy, but on giving it a second thought, when it came to Ishaan, there was no doubt he would do what he said.

And just like that, the little bit of fierceness in her vanished. 

She begged Ishaan with her eyes to not talk about it because Tanuj was just a couple of feet away from them. 

If Ishaan said it a bit louder, then she was certain, Tanuj could hear it, and then everything would go down the wrong hill.

And she definitely didn't want that!