CH | 26

Mayra's throat burned with the heavy coughing, and Ishaan passed a glass of water to her while an elegant smile danced on his lips.

Glancing at him with her wide eyes, she gulped when he gently patted her back, catching her by surprise and the redness of her face deepened.

The moment she opened her mouth to protest, he made her swallow a chunk of water while his large palm held her nape, giving her no way to escape, and muttered in his deep voice while a wicked grin was plastered on his face, "eat carefully, Mayra."

His voice reverberated in her head, and she gritted her teeth, but her voice was muffled as she didn't want Tanuj and Mihir to know what was going on between them, "if you didn't pull that stunt, will you end up like this?"

He just smirked, the corners of his lips curled upwards while the gleam in his onyx pools made her drown in them.

But she so badly wanted to wipe that annoying smirk off his face! Yet she knew it better than that to not provoke this devil who was in a human disguise!

However, she must admit, his burning touch made her insides clench, and felt butterflies doing somersaults in her tummy.

She wetted her lightly dried lips and nibbled them in embarrassment, trying to hide how much his touch had affected her.

And for a second, she didn't know whether to laugh or cry upon eyeing his overbearing actions.

"Are you alright, Sweetheart?" Mihir asked, lightly baffled, as he couldn't quite understand what was the relationship between Mayra and this big shot who appeared out of nowhere into their house.

Hearing his concerned tone, Mayra felt guilty all of a sudden and cleared her throat, "Ugh, of course. You dig into your food, Mihir."

As soon as she said that, Mihir raised his brows and eyed her for a couple of seconds, his gaze was deep as if he was trying to figure out what she was struggling hard to hide.

But in the end, he just nodded and averted his gaze when he felt Ishaan eyeing him sharply.

"Gosh, who is this man? He's making me tense with just his gaze!" Mihir exclaimed inwardly and shook his head as he understood it was better if he didn't poke his head into his sister and the big shot's business.

On the other hand, Tanuj was a total lost cause as he was aware of who Ishaan was!

And upon observing how close Ishaan and Mayra are, Tanuj felt suffocated as his insides felt as if they were tormented mercilessly, but still, he remained silent on the outside, while his hands clenched into tight fists under the table.

Ishaan just gave a smug smile and bent his head to enjoy the food while Tanuj had already lost his appetite.

But then suddenly, Ishaan slipped his hand onto her thighs and squeezed them, while a shaky gasp escaped her lips, and she gripped her fork so hard that she bit her inner cheek to control herself from bursting!

However, Ishaan didn't seem as if he wanted to stop yet. He moved his hand further up ever so skillfully on her clothed thigh, taking his sweet time teasing and stroking the apex between her thighs, and her fork dropped onto her plate, while her breath hitched.

"What's wrong, Mayra?" Tanuj asked, as he was alarmed seeing how pale her face had become and Mayra almost wanted the holy mother earth to swallow her up and hide from them all.

Even though she wanted to say something, she didn't open her mouth as she was afraid it would turn into a breathless moan when she opened her lips. She pursed them together trying to not embarrass herself any further in front of her crush and brother.