CH | 32

"Am I going to stay in his house?" Mayra muttered under her breath, dumbfounded by the sudden information, as she didn't know how to react to it.

Because she certainly wanted to go to her house and curl up in her tiny bed. Other than that, she wasn't sure about anything else as her mind was a mess.

However, what Ishaan said makes sense as it was pretty much the truth and she knew it too.

With that, a sigh escaped her lips, and she nodded, "alright then.

With a slight pause, Mayra added while she fiddled with her fingers, "But can you just take me to my house first, please? I don't know how Mihir is doing, and I don't want him to get worried sick for me."

Hearing her sweet words, he nodded while his jaw hardened as he couldn't quite take her obedience all of a sudden.

As weird as it may sound, he loved it when she was being a brat. Although he wanted to tame her and make her obedient to him, he didn't want it to get like this. He wanted to make her obedient according to his rules. Not in these messy circumstances.

He took a deep breath and eyed her from the corner of his eyes. There was no doubt she looked as if she had a lot on her mind, and he had no thoughts of disturbing her and spoiling her peace.

Because she needed it. She needed to gather her thoughts and pick her broken pieces up one by one. Despite not knowing how much time it may take.

By the time the car came to a screeching halt, Mayra turned to Ishaan, her voice was barely audible while she didn't meet his eyes, "I will be back in ten minutes. Is that Okay?"

Taking a glance at her fluttering eyelashes, he raised his brows and stared at her, making her squirm when his intense eyes kept boring her.

She took a deep breath and held the handle to open the door when he didn't say anything, but he abruptly pulled her towards him, catching her off guard and her eyes went wide, while her hands held his collar.

They were inches apart.

Way too close to her liking.

And she knew he was affecting her. His cologne clouded her senses. His closeness was making her a nervous wreck.

He peeked at her lackluster eyes and held her chin with his thumb and index fingers, and made her see him in the eye. His warm breath fanned across her cheeks, and he said calmly, "Alright, Kitten. Give me a call if you need anything."

She nodded, unsure whether she could say any words when she could barely think.

Ishaan was satisfied seeing the effect he had on her as he didn't miss the slight shiver down her spine when he gently rubbed her back.

"Be a good girl and come quickly." He whispered in her ear and licked her earlobe ever so teasingly, making her cheeks go red, almost instantly.

His trimmed beard tickled and teased the soft spots on her neck and nape, making her knees weak, and she stuttered, "Ish...Ishaan."

He hummed, clearly knowing what he was doing when she gulped, "Let me go."

Hearing her pleas, he raised his brow and eyed her, amusement dancing in his onyx pools, "what are you going to do if I didn't?"

A gasp escaped her lips as soon as he said that and she stared at him wide-eyed, not sure what to say as she wasn't pretty much in her right state of mind to argue with him.

He chuckled and patted her hair, a little dotingly, and unlocked the door, his soft words cooed in her ear, while her heart thrummed so fast that she thought it might burst out anytime soon if he didn't let her back off, "don't make me wait too much, Kitten. I'm not a very patient man."