CH | 38

Mayra leaned onto the wall and shut her eyes, as the words the nurse said were sinking into her brain. She couldn't help but feel upset with how things turned out.

But the sound of steady footsteps got her attention and she snapped her eyes open. When her grey orbs landed on Ishaan, she pursed her lips into a thin line and asked, "You are good?"

Ishaan narrowed his eyes but nodded. In the next moment, Mayra held his hand and dragged him while Ishaan stared at her amused, but he obliged as he wanted to know what his Kitten was up to.

Mayra took him to a secluded corner near the steps and squinted her eyes. Seeing the surroundings, Ishaan curled his lips while a glint danced in his eyes.

Glancing at her, Ishaan asked calmly while he traced his knuckles on her cheeks, "What's wrong, Kitten? Did anyone bully you?"

Listening to his words, Mayra muttered, "Yes. I was bullied!"

Ishaan held her hand and queried with lifted brows, his eyes sharpening a little, "Who did that?"

Mayra moved away and scoffed, "Don't you know already?"

Ishaan gave a puzzled look, "what? How would I know?"

Mayra clapped her hands and sneered, "Ishaan. I'm aware you have money. Loads of it at that." With a pause, she added, "And you will inevitably try to spend them one way or another. However, it will be great to use it elsewhere."

Hearing her words, Ishaan was stunned would be an understatement. It took him a couple of seconds to even understand what Mayra was saying.

However before he got a chance to open his mouth, Mayra stated firmly, her voice rising with each passing second, "Please don't involve money between us anymore, Ishaan. I like the way we are. I don't want to owe you any more than I already do!"

As soon as she said that, Ishaan knitted his brows and glared at her. Anger rose in his insides with her audacity to talk to him like that.

But Mayra was too lost in her shit and continued, "Give me this last bit of self-respect, Okay? Or else I feel like I'm taking advantage of you, and the words you said after our crazy night will become true."

Hearing her rant, Ishaan clenched his jaw, and the veins on his forehead popped out. It took everything in him to not snap at her.

But Mayra didn't pay any heed to it and yelled, "Why didn't you ask me before paying for the surgery? I don't want you spending your money on us, Ishaan. We don't need it!"

Taking a peek at him, she muttered, "I could still have had it somewhere else."

As soon as she said that, his expression turned menacing and Ishaan growled, "Of course, you could. From whom? Your father?"

With a slight pause, he sneered, "Or from someone else?"

He stroked his beard and uttered cruelly, "Maybe Tanuj? Is it?"

Hearing his words, Mayra was at a loss when Ishaan abruptly held her wrist and pinned her to the wall. Eyeing her panicked appearance, he scoffed, "Will that lover boy of yours will help? Hmm?"

Mayra flinched when he called Jack a lover boy, and she parted her lips to say something but was cut off by Ishaan, "Then why didn't he come to you when you're taken away by police? You're all over the news. I don't believe he didn't see it."

Seeing her stunned, he barked, making her shudder, "And you have the guts to ask why did I help you?"

With gritted teeth, Ishaan mumbled, putting emphasis on the words, "Very good! I didn't expect you to be such an ungrateful woman, Mayra."