CH | 23

It took Mayra a couple of minutes to get back from her daze and realize the fact that Aadhya poured wine on her when she wasn't even at fault!

As soon as the understanding dawned on her, anger coursed through her nerves as she was determined she wasn't going to put up with all the humiliation Aadhya was planning to give her.

One day was enough to remember it for her lifetime!

And she wasn't going to suffer losses again!

She was poor but wasn't a pushover. She decided to let Aadhya know of the fact!

Instinctively, Mayra clenched her hands into fists, while her usual calm eyes turned fierce, and for a second, Aadhya was flustered when she eyed the changes in Mayra.

With gritted teeth, Mayra queried, "Why did you pour wine on me, Miss?

Listening to her question, Aadhya sneered, "Oh, my hand slipped, and it fell on you."

"Is that so?" Mayra stressed while a deep scowl was dancing on her face. 

Mayra grabbed another glass of wine from the nearby counter and walked up to Aadhya. She took a sip and hummed, while the crowd had their eyes fixed on the both of them, excited to see the drama.

Aadhya gulped, not knowing what Mayra was up to but she didn't show it on her face and flipped her hair arrogantly. She was about to cross Mayra, but Mayra stopped her, her voice sharp, "Won't you apologize to me, Miss?"

"Heh, why should I apologize? It wasn't intentional!" Aadhya stated and wanted to turn around when abruptly Mayra exclaimed, "Fine then."

In the next second, Mayra emptied the full glass of wine on Aadhya's head in full force, and Aadhya was stunned would be an understatement.

Her face turned red, while the drops of red wine leaked from her hair, down to her expensive dress, making her all messed up.

Fuming anger swirled in Aadhya's veins and she yelled, "How dare you, Mayra!"

"You poured wine on me?" Aadhya screamed and raised her hand when Mayra instantly held her hand in her firm grip and she gave Aadhya a hard slap, shocking the crowd and herself.

The sound of slap reverberated in the hall and their mouths dropped in shock, and five fingerprints plastered onto Aadhya's face.

Aadhya didn't quite expect Mayra to retaliate, let alone in front of all the VIP guests and Aadhya was way too humiliated and her blood boiled.

Her eyes turned red in fury, and she growled, "Mayra, you bitch!"

"Well, you're a bitch too! In fact, you're the ugliest bitch I had ever laid my eyes on!" Mayra stated calmly and chuckled, as she was hell bent on not letting Aadhya have her way.

Hearing her words only riled Aadhya up further and she wanted to grab her hair, but Mayra moved away swiftly, and Aadhya's pointed heels stepped onto the spilled wine on the floor.

A thud sound followed as the floor was slippery and soon, the sounds of laughter erupted in the hall while Aadhya fell flat on her face in front of all of them!

"She deserves it!" A member of the crowd yelled.

"Yes, it was such a feast to the eyes to watch Ms. Chauhan getting disgraced!" Another female added while she chuckled heartily.

"Indeed! She's such a pain in the ass! It's so good seeing her being taught a lesson." The voices followed as they didn't bother to hide their ridicule and Mayra was quite pleased!

"Hmph! That's what happens when someone messes with me!" She muttered under her breath, while her coworkers patted her shoulder while smirks danced on their faces.