CH | 19

Mayra eyed the fuming Aadhya and pondered inwardly, "Didn't she ever wear wash clothes? Jeez! Who in the hell would react like her?"

Moreover, she felt it was hard to believe because who would throw clothes away after wearing them only once?

Maybe the rich had their ways indeed!

Or being poor maybe limited her imagination!

She felt the latter was more possible and a sigh escaped her lips, because apart from washing, what can she do?

To be able to afford such an expensive dress? If she had such capacity, why will she work here in the first place?

Let alone working, why will she tolerate being slapped and take all of her insults like a good girl if she's that capable in earning money?

Even though she wanted to become capricious and teach Aadhya a lesson for raising her hand on her, she remembered her sick twin brother and gave up the idea.

Because she couldn't afford to lose him and provoking any rich would definitely do her no good!

She learned it the hard way though!

With that, she bent her head down again, as she had no courage to face Aadhya and the people surrounding her because she wasn't brave enough!

She was indeed way too afraid to put up a fight because she knew she was destined to lose without any support behind her.

Acting out of instinct was off-limits for her!

Eyeing her, Aadhya sneered, "alright, kneel down and apologize to me. I'd let you go."

As soon as Mayra heard that, her head snapped up, rage burned in her insides and she clenched her fist so hard that they dug into her soft skin, but she didn't feel the pain, because her heart was hurt!

Being poor doesn't mean she had no self-respect!

But it seemed she had no way to escape!

What was she supposed to do?

However, at that time, her mobile rang, and eyeing the caller's name, she didn't know whether she should laugh or cry.

But knowing how demanding Ishaan is, she wanted to answer the call, but Aadhya gripped her hand so hard that she whimpered in pain, "I said kneel down and apologize! Didn't you hear me?"

"I...I..." Mayra trailed off, unsure of how to continue, but ended up blurting, "I can't do that, Miss."

Hearing her words, the crowd was stunned. Even though they felt Aadhya was too much, they didn't expect Mayra to object so straightforwardly!

"Then you can buy me a similar dress. I, Aadhya, will never accept losses." Aadhya stated smugly, knowing all too well that there was no way Mayra could do it!

Listening to it, Mayra bit her lips hard, trying to control the tears that were threatening to fall, but she knew she should stay strong!

Glancing at Aadhya, she took a deep breath and queried softly, her voice barely audible, "May I know the price, Miss?"

"200,000 rupees," Aadhya said haughtily and flipped her hair, while Mayra's jaw dropped because she really couldn't arrange such money!

If she can, then she may have already let Mihir get his operation done!

Seeing the silent Mayra, Aadhya scoffed, "I knew it! So, you better don't waste my time and kneel in front of me."

With a pause, she added, "If you delay it any longer, who knows when I may change my mind again."