CH | 40

"Come with me, Mayra," Ishaan said, his voice piercing cold while he stood a few feet distance from Mayra and leaned onto the sprawling wall, his hands tucked in his trouser pockets, while his lips pursed into a thin line.

Hearing the sharpness in his tone, Mayra snapped her head, and their eyes met. For a moment, everything stopped around her as she was lost in his obsidian pools, drowning in the depths of his abyss.

Seeing her so mesmerized, Ishaan couldn't help but smirk and lazily strode towards her without breaking eye contact, and before she knew it, he was standing in front of her.

"Mayra." He said calmly while he towered over her. His muscular build overshadowed her petite frame while butterflies did somersaults in her tummy with how smoothly her name rolled off of his sexy mouth, and her breath hitched while she squirmed in her seat.

With a sigh, Ishaan bent his head a little and held her chin with his thumb and index finger, forcing her to look at him. His mouth was millimeters apart from hers while he tilted his head to the side and muttered in her ear, "What was going on in that pretty head of yours, hmm?"

His warm breath fanned across her cheeks and a slight shiver ran down her spine with how close they are. His unique cologne clouded her senses and calmed her troubled heart at the same time.

She didn't understand why or when she was so enchanted by this devil of a man who was standing in front of her.

Her cheeks turned a faint shade of red and she cleared her throat while she wiggled a little to get a grip on her stupid thoughts and stammered, "Um...nothing."

"Is it?" He asked, his voice teasing her while his silky hair brushed across her ears making her gulp in nervousness as she was painfully aware of all the sensations she was feeling in her body and how effortlessly he was doing it.

She licked her lips and stood up abruptly, trying to move away from Ishaan as she was feeling hot all of a sudden.

However, she slipped a step in haste and grabbed his sleeves, trying to prevent herself from falling down, and tugged him to fall over her onto the chair while he wrapped his hand around her tiny waist protectively.

Her soft lips accidentally brushed across his stubble making her eyes go wide in panic while he was stunned, but in the next second, his lips curled upwards.

Eyeing his charming figure, her heart thrummed so fast while her ears and neck turned pink.

"Can you...can you move aside... please?" Mayra asked, her voice breathless as it was hard to even say a word to her when her brain was short-circuited with his charms. Let alone a sentence!

Ishaan raised his brows and stared at her, amusement dancing in his onyx pools. His eyes flickered onto his sleeve and to Mayra, and he mumbled lazily, "You should let go of me first, Kitten."

As soon as he said that, a gasp escaped her lips. Her eyes involuntarily followed his line of vision, only to see her hand gripping his sleeve as if her life depended on it.

When she realized what she was doing, she had an urge to smack herself, and immediately left her hold on him as if his touch burned her insides.

Seeing the embarrassed look on her face, he chuckled and tucked a few loose strands behind her ear making her even more flustered, and she closed her eyes while she savored his soft touch on her burning skin.

"Let's go." With that said, he abruptly yanked her towards him and walked out, leaving her dumbfounded.

"Hey. Where are you taking me?" Mayra asked while panting as she was failing miserably to catch up to his strides.