CH | 52

Lovelies,

We crossed 6k reads and many more to come.

Although were a little slow in getting a reads and all, I'm glad for this.

Please let me know if you're enjoying this or not❤️ It means a lot to me.

...

"Have some fucking shame, Jaanvi. Don't throw yourself on me so brazenly!" Upon hearing Mihir's angry words, a frown danced on Jaanvi's stunning face.

It soon turned into a smirk when she mocked, "What? Am I throwing myself onto you? Heh, seriously, Mihir?"

With a pause, her hazel eyes trailed onto Mihir with a glint in them and stated smugly, "Why do I think it's more like your dick is getting up now with my touch and so you're caught off guard, and you're trying to push me away?"

As soon as she said that, Mihir's eyes widened and he was flustered for a second but soon a snort escaped his lips, "Heh, don't think too highly of yourself, Jaanvi. I won't easily get a reaction just because a random woman touched me."

Jaanvi had a smile on her face making him wonder what was cooking up in her little head, when she queried, "Is that so?"

Mihir glanced at her lazily and turned his head aside when she asked, amusement dancing in her tone, "Why don't we make a bet then?"

Hearing her words, Mihir licked his lips, and with a clenched jaw, he growled, "Do you think I've got time to do all the bet shit you're trying to pull?"

In the next second, he shook his head while his cold grey orbs were fixated on her when he blurted, "Not gonna happen."

Jaanvi lifted her brows and folded her hands on her chest, arrogance, and nobility dripping off from her stance when she taunted him with a mocking laugh, "Why don't you just admit that you're scared of getting caught in the open."

Mihir gritted his teeth to not yell and scoffed while he pointed his finger at himself, "What? Scared? Me? Heh, the best joke I've ever heard."

Jaanvi flipped her hair lazily and teased, "Hehee, acting cool, aren't we Mihir?"

Mihir huffed when Jaanvi continued, her voice was so provoking that Mihir almost had his heart in his throat, "So, what if I tried to make you all worked up, and then if it's really as you said about the no reaction part, then I'd back off.

"What's in it for me?" Mihir retorted when Jaanvi cocked her brow and stated sassily, "You don't want me pestering you and if I lose it, then I wouldn't anymore. Isn't that a win for you too?"

Mihir's face turned livid and he almost had steam coming off his ears, and he barked while disbelief was clearly written on his face, "Are you for real, Jaanvi? Do you even know what you're offering me right now?"

"I sure am. Why would I make a losing bet?" Jaanvis asked when she took a few steps towards Mihir and he squinted his eyes hastily and yelled, "Stay right there, Jaanvi."

"What if I didn't? What will you do then?" Jaanvi queried and she appeared as if she was a devil in disguise, while Mihir was at a loss for words for a few seconds.

He pursed his lips into a thin line, "Just because I'm in a hospital bed right now didn't mean you can take advantage of me."

Staring at her gorgeous figure, he pinched the middle of his brows and challenged her. His voice was stern and had an edge that made her insides shiver a little, "if you were so eager to have that bet, then try me. Let's see who will end up losing more in the end."