CH | 51

Esha froze in her tracks when she heard Mayra's question because she was afraid she would be once again chased away without even seeing Mihir.

In fact, she believed Mayra wouldn't be here at this time and thought it would be the perfect time to have a glance at Mihir and also to know how he was doing, and in case they needed any financial help, she could do it without their notice.

But, it seemed her plans backfired and she realized there was no use in hiding her intention.

She mumbled after she took a deep breath, "I came to see Mihir."

With a pause, she added, "I promise I wasn't here because of Dad or someone else. I truly want to see him just once. I'd leave right after that."

Mayra raised her brows hearing her words as she wasn't quite used to such a nervous Esha but she wasn't that cruel to blatantly reject Esha when she was just trying to be nice and gave a faint nod, "Alright. You can come and see Mihir, Miss Rathore."

"Call me Esha or Sister." Esha said when Mayra shook her head, "I'm sorry but we weren't that close yet. I may call you that one day, but it's not now, Miss Rathore."

As soon as Mayra said that, Esha was disappointed a little but regained her smile when she understood that if she worked hard, Mayra might accept her. That certainly cheered her up.

"Let's go," Mayra said, and they all walked together towards Mihir's ward, and it was then Esha noticed a tall handsome man beside Mayra along with another female.

Seeing the confusion on Esha's face, Mayra introduced, "She's Jaanvi and he's Tanuj. They are my friends, Miss Rathore."

She turned to Tanuj and Jaanvi and muttered, "she's Esha Rathore. An acquaintance."

They all exchanged glances and short nods while Esha had her eyes lingered on Tanuj for a few seconds more than she would usually do. 

When she realized what she was doing, she shook her head and walked ahead as her cheeks heated up in shame when she understood she practically ogled at him. Gosh!

She almost had an urge to smack herself, because she had her fair share of handsome men and no one ever caught her attention, until now.

However, knowing he was a friend of Mayra, she instantly denied herself in having any crazy ideas about him when she was barely getting close to Mayra, and she certainly didn't want any mishaps to happen.

"Mihir," Mayra called softly when she saw Mihir was wide awake and he hummed while he turned his head to the side.

When his eyes landed on all the people in the room, he was at a loss for words because he didn't expect any of them to come to see him.

With a huff, he tried to sit up so that he can talk while he saw their faces but it was becoming difficult to do by himself, and Mayra was about to come to him when Jaanvi instantly moved to his side and held his back to help him.

In the next second, Mihir glared at her coldly which made Jaanvi gulp and she licked her lips while she muttered softly, her voice barely a whisper, "let me help you, Mihir."

"I don't need it. Mayra, come here." He growled and Mayra shook her head as she couldn't help but wonder, "when would my dumb brother accept Jaanvi's advances?"

Jaanvi having a crush on Mihir was no secret to Mayra even though Jaanvi never openly said that to her, and she secretly hoped they both would become one too as they both would complement each other.

Jaanvi was fierce to all others, but when it came to Mihir she was not so fierce, while Mihir, although he wasn't so easily approachable with his super hot looks, he wasn't that cold to anyone other than Jaanvi.