CH | 5

When Mayra thought she had successfully escaped and breathed a sigh of relief, her relief was short-lived when Ishaan caught her hand and pushed her to a nearby wall, caging her in his muscular arms and menacingly pinched her chin until it turned red.

She couldn't withstand his pressure and shrieked in pain when he murmured with venom in his tone, "Do you think you could get away just like that?"

"Tsk tsk, it seems my kitten is too naive." He taunted her and put contraceptive pills in her hand when she gave a puzzled look at him, but in the next second understanding dawned on her.

But before she got a chance to say anything, she raised her head and her stormy grey orbs innocently eyed his cold face. He added with a firm grip on her wrist, stopping her from fleeing from his clutches, "Did you think you could get pregnant with my baby and become my wife? What a gold digger!"

His voice was so chilling that sent shivers down her spine while tears swelled in her ears with his harsh words, "You look so innocent, but who knows beneath that pretty face, you had a black heart. What a shame!"

With that, he traced her contours with his knuckles ever so softly making her wriggle in his hold. while her eyes were shut tightly, and he blurted without hesitation, "You are no different than those pathetic women who would climb a man's bed and sell themselves for money."

Although she didn't know who he was, her heart was painfully crushed by him; and she felt suffocated when she heard his cruel words, and she snapped at him, "Enough!"

"Give me the damn tablet," She roared while struggling to stop the threatening tears to fall off, making him baffled when he grabbed her waist roughly and murmured in her ear sharply, "Don't use that tone on me!"

"You don't get to order me around, Mr. Ishaan," She retorted although, his grip was beginning to hurt her, but she was determined not to back off and give him the satisfaction of winning over her.

When he heard her clear and crisp retort, he was dumbfounded as he was taking in her each and every reaction and was lost in his trance.

Seeing his stiffened frame, she took the tablet from his hands, swallowed it without even having water, and asked nonchalantly, "Done! You shouldn't need to worry about me intruding on your life and getting anything from you."

Although her mouth was bitter, her heart felt the most pain because he thought she was that kind of a woman. To top it off, he was the one with whom she had lost her virginity.

How more pathetic can her life turn out to be!

"Well, what else can I expect from a one-night stand!" She mocked herself inwardly and met his eyes.

With a slight pause, she uttered in her firm tone, "For a fact, you were the one who made the first move on me. And I didn't even question you about it, but instead of showing gratitude, you were accusing me!"

Her every word made him believe she wasn't the type of woman he had depicted her to be, instead of the exact opposite!

She snickered as if she had seen a joke when she eyed him and continued, "Well, what can I expect from a man who banged a stranger for his pleasure and claimed to be the innocent one in return? Asshole!"

Listening to her changing emotions, he was softened for a second, but when she scolded him without any fear in the world, his jaw clenched hard and glared at her.

But she didn't care about it and kicked his crotch when his grip wasn't loosening on her wrist and muttered sharply, "Don't ever show me your face from this moment onwards!"